NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Although I'll get some stick for appearing to stand up for the tabloids, that 'analysis' is rather flawed.

'Accurate' stories are counted as those that actually happen (i.e. the player signs/there is an admittance of interest). It's very possible that approaches and bids are made that clubs don't admit to, or that don't lead to transfers - It doesn't make the newspaper wrong.

Saying that, they do talk too much shit.

Mangane: Believes he is at the peak of his powers

Sky Bet

Newcastle's Next Match

Newcastle1/1

Draw12/5

West Brom11/4

Football Betting

£5 Free Bet

Kader Mangane has admitted that a summer switch to England would represent 'a dream move' for him.

The Senegal international is currently on the books of French outfit Rennes,who he joined from Lens in 2008.

Having proven himself in Ligue 1 over the last four years, the 28-year-old is now being tipped to make the step up into the Premier League.

Having recently been granted French citizenship, the African ace is a much more appealing proposition to European clubs.

Newcastle are reported to be among those chasing his signature and Mangane has revealed that he would be willing to consider such a move.

Peak

"I am delighted to receive my citizenship because that can help my future," he said.

"I am 28 years old and am reaching my peak as a football player.

"Rennes have helped me to become a decent player in Ligue 1 and I want to repay them.

"Moving to the Premier League would be fantastic for me but nothing is done and I do not have any contacts from anyone in England.

"It would be a dream move but I love Rennes."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/18/kevin-nolan-will-be-raring-to-go-next-season-72703-28715437/2/

From today's Chronicle:

"Meanwhile, the Chronicle understands Alan Pardew will not be pursuing January target Carlton Cole this summer."

http://randomfunnypicture.com/wp2/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/its-friday-yes.gif

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/18/kevin-nolan-will-be-raring-to-go-next-season-72703-28715437/2/

From today's Chronicle:

"Meanwhile, the Chronicle understands Alan Pardew will not be pursuing January target Carlton Cole this summer."

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnKEB8x-wjAbSIBVSv8zZEoId-re62Gx9Tsm7Rbw3R0OY9DKA3jw

If i were a gambling man i'd have money on us signing, or at least gtrying to sign Carlton Cole. Even if we were planning to spend the whole £35mil on one player we're limited by the wages we'll pay. I can't think of a prolific striker on less that £40k to £50, and i just can't see us paying that, so we won't be getting one.

You don't need to spend £35m to find a prolific goal scorer though and there's no reason to believe that we aren't prepared to pay the right players £40k-£50k per week.  Do you think we signed Ben Arfa on less than £40k a week?, or that Tiote's new deal is less than £40k?

Not at all. My thoughts were largely shaped by a discussion i was having at work yesterday - who we could sign that would get us 12-15 goals next season. And looking around the premier league at strikers, then wheighing up what they'd cost as a transfer fee / wages package there isn't anyone that fits the bill. Carlton Cole is potentially a decent striker, with the right people behind him he could get us goals, and at the reported £7mil he'd probably fit the fee and wages in our budget. All ifs and buts though, and he could be utter dogshit, which is why i reckon we'll bring some kid in from holland nobodys ever heard of.

There's no value inside this league, really. You're basically guarenteed to get ripped off or sold bad rubbish.

I'd be happy with spending a fair whack on a foreign lad like Rondon, Gameiro etc and then bringing in somebody like Danny Graham too. We need 2 strikers really, so lets explore a few options.

Guest johnson293

First we signed Cheick Tiote, then we're linked with Cheick M'Bengue and Cheick Diabate...

So does this mean Llambias has got his Cheick book out?

:boomboom:

First we signed Cheick Tiote, then we're linked with Cheick M'Bengue and Cheick Diabate...

So does this mean Llambias has got his Cheick book out?

http://www.woosk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/longer-you-stare.jpg

Guest dogbeak

Carlton Cole is potentially a decent striker, with the right people behind him he could get us goals

all the evidence points towards him being a fella who has scored 43 goals in 220 games.

we've already got one two ameobis, a think adopting a third would be pushing it.

Guest Chubby Jason

Cole was good for 6 months in 2009 and his value seems to have stayed the same since then for some reason.