NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

`Good first touch and a decent in the air. Let's face it, it's not his prowess in front of goal that gets their notice. `

heskeys mkII ?  quite sure he would hold the ball up better than shola.  Pulis will get his man, we wont blow 10m on cole......*cough*

If we bought Cole for £2-£3m then I'd say "Well at least he's got to be better than Lovenkrands" and see him as decent backup, but the thought of wasting £9-£10m on him just makes me shiver. There simply MUST be better players than him around for £10m.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Spellman also says Mike Ashley has to digest the figures!

It could take a while with all the other shit in his belly!

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Pardew presser: "I'd like a wide player, I'd like a striker on top of what we have. That's our focus." #NUFC

Our strikers next season are going to be new guy, Best, Ameobi, Lovenkrands, and maybe Ranger. The new guy better be damn good and able to play every week.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We need 2 strikers tbh. Although if we're going 4-4-1-1 or the 4-5-1/4-3-3 thing I coud understand it.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Depends on what we play

If it's

Hatem              Jonas

New cf

It would work

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Depends on what we play

If it's

Hatem              Jonas

New cf

It would work

That's what I was getting at. Think it would work well actually, with the Tiote, Barton and Nolan trio behind them.

Pardew presser: "I'd like a wide player, I'd like a striker on top of what we have. That's our focus." #NUFC

Our strikers next season are going to be new guy, Best, Ameobi, Lovenkrands, and maybe Ranger. The new guy better be damn good and able to play every week.

I have a feeling we will be counting on Best performing next season like he did this.

I can only assume Pardew is happy enough with Simpson at right back. Personally I think we could add a lot to our game if we had someone who could bomb forward effectively and overlap better.

more or less confirms we'll be going one up top next season.

more or less confirms that Best, Ameobi and Lovenkrands will continue to feature next season

Lee Ryder says

He spoke of bringing "two or three players who will excite the Newcastle public" and how a "couple of strikes and a wide man" would be his priority this summer.

oh and that Pardew provided a buffet for the press!