NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Really can't understand people wanting Hargreaves. Talk about not learning from past mistakes. It's not like he won't be paid when he's injured,even if we manage to get him on a pay-as-you play deal. Old, injury prone, and would probably demand quite a hefty wage. Huge no.

Whats the meaning of  pay as you play in your head?

:lol: Every player would demand a basic salary. A significant amount would though be, as the deal says, payed if he plays.

Nope the is no basic salary involved in  it is better to check up the facts before you shoot the idea. How can the deal is pay as you play if there is a basic salary?  If we only pay him when he plays I think he will be an awesome buy.

Really can't understand people wanting Hargreaves. Talk about not learning from past mistakes. It's not like he won't be paid when he's injured,even if we manage to get him on a pay-as-you play deal. Old, injury prone, and would probably demand quite a hefty wage. Huge no.

:lol: Every player would demand a basic salary. A significant amount would though be, as the deal says, payed if he plays.

Nope the is no basic salary involved in  it is better to check up the facts before you shoot the idea. How can the deal is pay as you play if there is a basic salary?  If we only pay him when he plays I think he will be an awesome buy.

Without being 100% sure im pretty confident that you're wrong about this. How i see it is that there will always be a low basic wage, but bonuses for apperances, goals ect.

Without being 100% sure im pretty confident that you're wrong about this. How i see it is that there will always be a low basic wage, but bonuses for apperances, goals ect.

You don't call that pay as you play act because most normal contracts have that. The Ashley regime always insert such clause in the contract you don't call that pay as you play.... 

Hargreaves stock is so low due to injury how many are going to be willing to pay him a basic wage at all? A proper pay as you play deal would in fact have no basic and would be all based on appearances and other bonuses, if he starts demanding a basic wage it is no longer a pay as you play, its a proper contract just heavily incentive like apparently ours with Demba Ba.

Hargreaves stock is so low due to injury how many are going to be willing to pay him a basic wage at all? A proper pay as you play deal would in fact have no basic and would be all based on appearances and other bonuses, if he starts demanding a basic wage it is no longer a pay as you play, its a proper contract just heavily incentive like apparently ours with Demba Ba.

:pow: :thup:

Throw you're keyboard out the window man will you.

He'd probably just retire and move into some other role in football where he'll actualy get a wage tbh. Absolutely no way he'll risk working for free.

Throw you're keyboard out the window man will you.

First throw your eyes to the toilet .....

He'd probably just retire and move into some other role in football where he'll actualy get a wage tbh. Absolutely no way he'll risk working for free.

Maybe he wants to play football, if he can? He's got millions anyway, its not like his family are going to go hungry. When a player gets older, football gets more important, certainly when they got enough money and a new contract wont make much of a difference of the quality of life he'll have in retirement. If he's injured he's not working, if he's fit and playing he's working.

Maybe he wants to play football, if he can? He's got millions anyway, its not like his family are going to go hungry. When a player gets older, football gets more important, certainly when they got enough money and a new contract wont make much of a difference of the quality of life he'll have in retirement. If he's injured he's not working, if he's fit and playing he's working.

When a player gets older, length of contract and essentially money is important. Not the football. Anyway, it is normal practise that a player has basic wages. Hargreaves will get it as well. Hopefully and probably not here.

Whats the meaning of  pay as you play in your head?

Nope the is no basic salary involved in  it is better to check up the facts before you shoot the idea. How can the deal is pay as you play if there is a basic salary?  If we only pay him when he plays I think he will be an awesome buy.

But playing football is what gets him injured, and if he's injured he's going to have to be working a lot harder than he will if he was playing on getting himself rehabilitated.

In theorie it sounds a smashing idea, in reality I think he will want some form of basic wage for if and when he's not playing (I doubt he'll want to be tied down on a contract if he's not currently in the starting XI, meaning he's fit, sitting on the bench, but been payed nowt)

Not sure how anyone can comment on what's important to someone else. I'm sure there are players, especially those that have already made a lot of money, who would play for free if that was their only option as they love playing. Others would probably quit tomorrow if they felt they had enough money because they don't enjoy it as much. Who the hell knows what Owen Hargreaves wants at this point.

I would say this whole conversation is pointless, but Ethi never fails to entertain.

Not sure how anyone can comment on what's important to someone else. I'm sure there are players, especially those that have already made a lot of money, who would play for free if that was their only option as they love playing. Others would probably quit tomorrow if they felt they had enough money because they don't enjoy it as much. Who the hell knows what Owen Hargreaves wants at this point.

I would say this whole conversation is pointless, but Ethi never fails to entertain.

Hasn't Hargreaves come out and said he wants to play football even on a pay as you play contract?

Not sure, I can't even remember how this started. If so, then what the hell is taxfree arguing about?

That's basically what I'm on about. It doesn't mean he has said no to any basic wages. Not that I've heard him say what TT seems to remember.  It is normal that "pay-as-you-play" deals have basic wages. Simple.

Guest dazzanufc1892

hargreaves just wants to play. simple. take the gamble, on a 3 month contract, if it pays off, fantastic, if not, then not great loss