NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I am getting so sick of all of this Salyor crap.  "Lack of Ambition?"  FUCK OFF!  You (saylor) want to go to a club ridden in debt and losing all of their star players and they have ambition.

I know, Steven Taylor's our third choice centre back IMO, the fuss that's being made about the lad is ridiculous.  But it could end up in our favour if the likes of Liverpool really are interested.

You (saylor) want to go to a club ridden in debt and losing all of their star players and they have ambition.

I don't know if that's them or us....

we don't have star players to lose anymore

Carragher and Saylor would be quite the defensive duo.

They'd be one funny comedy act :lol:

I can't not get the image of it resembling the Chuckle Brothers.

"To me.. to y-.. oh no Steve, they've got the ball!"

"Uh-oh!"

Carra: Steven, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Steven: I think so Carra... but do I really need 2 tongues?

http://www.stuffwelike.com/stuffwelike/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/pinky_and_the_brain.jpg

Guest firetotheworks

The thing is though, Hodgson would probably turn them into The Defensive Unit 2000 Defending Robots.

I think Taylor will leave. The alternative is a new contract around 50k a week and I guess Ashley would prefer to cash in.

don't know like. i can see taylor leaving but i doubt he'd get £50KpW

I think Taylor will leave. The alternative is a new contract around 50k a week and I guess Ashley would prefer to cash in.

don't know like. i can see taylor leaving but i doubt he'd get £50KpW

Well, I guess he'd be happy playing for less in front of the greatestest fans in the world

Davis is unwanted at Villa and spent most of last season on the bench. O'Neill has also said he's prepared to let him go.

I reckon we'd have a decent chance of landing him.

Onouha would probably be the more difficult of the two to capture

Both Curtis Davis and Nedum Onouha are available for less than £6m apparently.

I say sell him and sign one of the above to replace him.

I completely agree with you. Taylor is clearly going to be a prat about this new contract, and it isn't worth the hassle. Besides I honestly rate Davies and Onuoha as at least being as good as Taylor (I actually think they are both better). Williamson is also just as good a player. Don't think we need to go all otu to re-sign Taylor at all. Expendable imo.

Both Curtis Davis and Nedum Onouha are available for less than £6m apparently.

I say sell him and sign one of the above to replace him.

I completely agree with you. Taylor is clearly going to be a prat about this new contract, and it isn't worth the hassle. Besides I honestly rate Davies and Onuoha as at least being as good as Taylor. Williamson is also just as good a player. Don't think we need to go all otu to resign Taylor at all. Expendable imo.

Never fancied Onuoha in a central role, his pace is handy but he's a bit short. Davies on the other hand is a much more intelligent player than Taylor and has a good frame to work off.

Am a bit wary about this deal.

Old bacon face will probably expect Newcastle to give him Haris Vuckic for nowt to show their thanks and  appreciation for lending Cleverley.

My problem with that deal is that I know that Hughton will play Cleverly all the time like he did with Simpson as well.

Is Cleverly that good? I haven't seen him play a lot tbh, but I don't think he'd be better than a fully fit Barton or Guthrie.

Am a bit wary about this deal.

Old bacon face will probably expect Newcastle to give him Haris Vuckic for nowt to show their thanks and  appreciation for lending Cleverley.

what's his game, Cleverly?  passer, mover, shaker, runner?

does he have pace 'cause we could really do with adding some more pedestrian midfielders to our collection