NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Am a bit wary about this deal.

Old bacon face will probably expect Newcastle to give him Haris Vuckic for nowt to show their thanks and  appreciation for lending Cleverley.

what's his game, Cleverly?  passer, mover, shaker, runner?

does he have pace 'cause we could really do with adding some more pedestrian midfielders to our collection

from wiki he seems to score 1 or 2 goals for a midfielder

Old bacon face will probably expect Newcastle to give him Haris Vuckic for nowt to show their thanks and  appreciation for lending Cleverley.

My problem with that deal is that I know that Hughton will play Cleverly all the time like he did with Simpson as well.

Is Cleverly that good? I haven't seen him play a lot tbh, but I don't think he'd be better than a fully fit Barton or Guthrie.

He's comfortably better then both of them.

My problem with that deal is that I know that Hughton will play Cleverly all the time like he did with Simpson as well.

Is Cleverly that good? I haven't seen him play a lot tbh, but I don't think he'd be better than a fully fit Barton or Guthrie.

He's comfortably better then both of them.

That's ok then. Let's sign him.  :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

I rate McFadden, but pretty much every fan of every club he's ever played for says the same thing. He's massively hit and miss.

I rate McFadden, but pretty much every fan of every club he's ever played for says the same thing. He's massively hit and miss.

But we don't have a player who can play through the centre with a left foot like his that can create something out of nothing- he offers a spark to the team. Obviously he's not Maradona or anything, but compared to what we've got going forward he's pretty good. I think he'd be a canny partner for someone like Carroll.

If we're playing 4-5-1 he'd be ideal in the hole. Fairly certain he was getting a lot of gametime at St. Andrews though last season so he might not want to move.

Been speaking to a Watford fan and a Man U fan in the office about Cleverly, neither of them think he's up to Premiership quality. Too slight and although decent on the ball wouldn't be an improvement on what we've got. Personally I've barely seen him play so if he was on the cheap loan-wise then another body in the squad always helps.

Guest palnese

Vitalfootball (I know, I know) reporting the Cleverley deal as if it's going to be confirmed very soon.

Loan or permanent?

Been speaking to a Watford fan and a Man U fan in the office about Cleverly, neither of them think he's up to Premiership quality. Too slight and although decent on the ball wouldn't be an improvement on what we've got. Personally I've barely seen him play so if he was on the cheap loan-wise then another body in the squad always helps.

Did the Watford fan actually see him play last season? Head and shoulders above anyone in the team from day one, similar age to Ashley Young making a big impact in the Championship, but in a worse side and a slightly different style of play (both team and player).