NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

In all seriousness:

1. We'll not buy anyone if we can't get the right character, this club has made mistakes before blah blah blah.

2. We had it all set up and thought the boy wanted to come but this bonus issue has come up and we can't be held to ransom like the club has in the past blah blah blah.

3. He's still not signed and we have a contingency plan in place, it's a fantastic offer and we don't know what he will do blah blah blah.

In all seriousness:

1. We'll not buy anyone if we can't get the right character, this club has made mistakes before blah blah blah.

2. We had it all set up and thought the boy wanted to come but this bonus issue has come up and we can't be held to ransom like the club has in the past blah blah blah.

3. He's still not signed and we have a contingency plan in place, it's a fantastic offer and we don't know what he will do blah blah blah.

:sadnod:

Guest BooBoo

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Pardew's forthright take on the striker hunt, Erdinç & Enrique in the Journal tomorrow. #nufc

9 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has reiterated his bullish stance in the club's search for a new forward, especially in the light of the collapsed bid for Parisian based Mevlut Erdinc,

"We're very much still in the striker hunt and I assure the supporters that no stone will be left uncovered to find the right man to bring to the club. It's well known that there's money to spend at this club but it's an issue with selling clubs knowing that too. Some of the figures quoted so far this summer have just been ridiculous and we're not prepated to be held to ransom. It's no secret that we were interested in Erdinc but it's time to move to other targets now"

The club meanwhile still hope to hang on left back Jose Enrique with Pardew admitting "What can I tell you? Well Jose is back in training and he's training with a smile on his face. He's happy to be back here. We want him to stay, he knows that but we're aware that he wants to play in the Champions League. We're at a sensitive stage of the summer but Jose very much knows how much we all want him to stay at the football club."

well heres my two penneth, so quite a lot of you may want to check lewando's thread or put youtube on or something, but here goes..............if you're still reading at this point it's not too late to find something else............still here ? OK, and off we go.

What a fucking stupid argument ! arguing the difference between attacks based purely on goals scored is something i'd hope my daughters would have grown put of before they are too far into their teens and then going on to do the same about defences. It's a team game and it's measured by winning games and moving up a table, man city were once the leagues top scorers and got relegated, scoring goals on its own is pointless and the best teams defend and attack as a team, yes we may have lost a squad centre half but how many times in the past have we looked shit at the back purely down to a shit midfield affording no support. we've lost nolans goals but seriously how many would have put him in our starting 11 this season ? andy cole outscored les ferdinand, how many on here would choose andy above sir les ?. andy carroll played in a system that was set up for him and nolan, quite possibly to the detriment of the rest of the team, when it worked it worked well,but when it didn't it was so bad and we were lacking in the ability (or more appropriatly,desire) to change it. doesn't it also mean our attack was only as good as west broms looking at things in this perculiar way ?

it's quite possible we may score less than last season, i for one couldn't give a toss providing we improvethe  football and league position (and i'd be prepared to put some money on it...on that subject it was mentioned before by someone about being able to get a bet on us getting more points than least season and getting evens, where is it, i want in before the odds tumble...thats serious btw,not being facetious).

Guest Haris Vuckic

I must admit, the Andy Cole of 93-94 is still the best striker i've ever seen at the club, even if the team was tailored to him.

Reminds me of Jermaine Beckford.

[move] :troll:[/move]

well heres my two penneth, so quite a lot of you may want to check lewando's thread or put youtube on or something, but here goes..............if you're still reading at this point it's not too late to find something else............still here ? OK, and off we go.

What a fucking stupid argument ! arguing the difference between attacks based purely on goals scored is something i'd hope my daughters would have grown put of before they are too far into their teens and then going on to do the same about defences. It's a team game and it's measured by winning games and moving up a table, man city were once the leagues top scorers and got relegated, scoring goals on its own is pointless and the best teams defend and attack as a team, yes we may have lost a squad centre half but how many times in the past have we looked shit at the back purely down to a shit midfield affording no support. we've lost nolans goals but seriously how many would have put him in our starting 11 this season ? andy cole outscored les ferdinand, how many on here would choose andy above sir les ?. andy carroll played in a system that was set up for him and nolan, quite possibly to the detriment of the rest of the team, when it worked it worked well,but when it didn't it was so bad and we were lacking in the ability (or more appropriatly,desire) to change it. doesn't it also mean our attack was only as good as west broms looking at things in this perculiar way ?

it's quite possible we may score less than last season, i for one couldn't give a toss providing we improvethe  football and league position (and i'd be prepared to put some money on it...on that subject it was mentioned before by someone about being able to get a bet on us getting more points than least season and getting evens, where is it, i want in before the odds tumble...thats serious btw,not being facetious).

Tend to agree with you. The simplistic idea of 'total goals scored' and deducting from it when the likes of Nolan go is silly. Football is far more complex than that.

Speaking of simplistic, nobody did that did they? 40% of our Premier League goals last season came from players no longer at the club, that's factalicious. Hopefully we will replace them.

Speaking of simplistic, nobody did that did they? 40% of our Premier League goals last season came from players no longer at the club. Hopefully we will replace them.

yes people did, theres a few pages of debate over it. those players will be replaced, we wont play with 9 men and the effect we will watch for is that that they have on the team, not purely our goal count.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Best deserves a chance - he's done nothing wrong and a lot right. It's worth bearing in mind had his Arsenal goal stood it would have been 7 goals in 11 games. Which is good for anyone!

I hope we keep Best. I don't think he's that good but he's an adequate third choice, and certainly offers more goal threat than Ameobi/Lovenkrands/Ranger. For what we'd get for him (though I'm not sure that matters any more seeing as it's apparently not linked) I don't think we'd get much better.

Guest Haris Vuckic

There are gaps in his game that's plain to see - but he displayed some decent awareness and finishing and he's still got time to improve.

Speaking of simplistic, nobody did that did they? 40% of our Premier League goals last season came from players no longer at the club, that's factalicious. Hopefully we will replace them.

Like madras says though we're not going to be playing with 9 men next season. Hopefully a triumvirate in midfield of Cabaye, Tioté and Ben Arfa will give us a much better platform to dominate games and outplay the opposition. In theory by dominating more games (like Pardew spoke about in that interview) you'll be limiting the goals you concede from the defence being under less pressure and maximising the amount of goals you can get out of the players in the attacking 3rd of the pitch. Yeah, we've lost Carroll and Nolan who scored our goals but it's far too easy to say "oh we've lost 40% of our goals". Not that I'm saying you're doing that, like, but you are hinting at it to an extent.