NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Just don't believe a word the bloke says. He says what he's told to say by the people who pay his wages.

Enrique will go soon and Tiote, Coloccini and Ben Arfa will follow him soon enough.

:clap:

Perfectly normal manager comments TBH, don't see anything wrong with that. Obviously he wants Enrique to stay, and we might well sign a couple more players. And Joey does seem intent on staying, so I don't see what is 'BS' about it.

Pardew is clearly putting out misleading messages man. Claiming we've offered Enrique a massive contract offer for this club. Enrique saying that they basically havent offered to increase his salary atall.

You realise this means that Pardew is trying to present the idea to us fans that Enrique is lucky they didnt offer him a reduced salary, following being one of the best players for our club in the last couple of years.

And you cannot see the BS ?

Perfectly normal manager comments TBH, don't see anything wrong with that. Obviously he wants Enrique to stay, and we might well sign a couple more players. And Joey does seem intent on staying, so I don't see what is 'BS' about it.

Pardew is clearly putting out misleading messages man. Claiming we've offered Enrique a massive contract offer for this club. Enrique saying that they basically havent offered to increase his salary atall.

You realise this means that Pardew is trying to present the idea to us fans that Enrique is lucky they didnt offer him a reduced salary, following being one of the best players for our club in the last couple of years.

What I read from the quote is that Pardew claims the club offered the best deal available to anyone (which probably means the same as Coloccini) while Enrique claims it is "not just about money".  "They offered me money which I already have" could be interpret as "I got money but my ambition isn't fulfilled".

Not blaming Enrique, just I think it is ridiculous that the club offered "reduced" wages to him. Can't be true.

Does that first line say 'Alan Pardew has heard that Newcastle United could be close to a breakthrough in the transfer market'? :lol:

Is it not 'hinted'?

Aye, probably. :thup:

Just as pointlessly tenuous mind.

What I read from the quote is that Pardew claims the club offered the best deal available to anyone (which probably means the same as Coloccini) while Enrique claims it is "not just about money".  "They offered me money which I already have" could be interpret as "I got money but my ambition isn't fulfilled".

Not blaming Enrique, just I think it is ridiculous that the club offered "reduced" wages to him. Can't be true.

A guy responded to one of his tweets with "But Pardew himself have said that you have a "fantastic deal on the table" - that doesn't sound like they want you to go"

He responded "eso es mentira (that is a lie) The give the money I Have already. They lie all the time"

So for him to say it in that context suggests it is that theyve just offered the same basic wage. Which is a dodgy tactic for keeping someone whos turned out to be one of your best players in general, let alone then selling it to everyone else as some kind of amazing offer thats been put foward.

I think then he goes on to try to say its not about that though its because theyre not investing in the team. Has to say that though really, it'll be both.

What I read from the quote is that Pardew claims the club offered the best deal available to anyone (which probably means the same as Coloccini) while Enrique claims it is "not just about money".  "They offered me money which I already have" could be interpret as "I got money but my ambition isn't fulfilled".

Well they initially offered reduced wages to other players before e.g. Barton, Taylor.

But I still can't get it. I mean, it's reasonable to offer Barton reduced wages because of his history and he's aging.  There is a "chance", no matter it's big or small, that Barton would accept because everyone can see the rationale behind. No matter how ridiculous it is, at least there is a point. That's is not the same to Enrique.  Everyone, I mean, everyone including Cockney Mafia and Pardew, the player, the agent, all the other clubs...know that the only way to persuade Enrique to stay is to offer a wage increase. This is just a common sense. So to offer the same wage to Enrique, nevermind a reduced wages (this is too fucking ridiculous), just means that THE CLUB DOES NOT WANT ENRIQUE TO STAY and force him to explode/submit transfer request.

I can't believe this. I really can't. In no way the club would want Enrique to leave, especially when he can't be sold for high fees and can leave for free within one year. We have to incur an extra 10m in order to replace him, which is a much higher incremental cost then giving him 80k, the highest wage currently earning by Coloccini.

Crouch and Bridge? :lol:

They're not even trying to hide that they're just pulling names out of their asses now.

:lol: So true.

He is available for a nominal fee and, even though he earns £90,000 a week, Pards is confident a deal can be struck.

What? :facepalm:

But I still can't get it. I mean, it's reasonable to offer Barton reduced wages because of his history and he's aging.  There is a "chance", no matter it's big or small, that Barton would accept because everyone can see the rationale behind. No matter how ridiculous it is, at least there is a point. That's is not the same to Enrique.  Everyone, I mean, everyone including Cockney Mafia and Pardew, the player, the agent, all the other clubs...know that the only way to persuade Enrique to stay is to offer a wage increase. This is just a common sense. So to offer the same wage to Enrique, nevermind a reduced wages (this is too fucking ridiculous), just means that THE CLUB DOES NOT WANT ENRIQUE TO STAY and force him to explode/submit transfer request.

I can't believe this. I really can't. In no way the club would want Enrique to leave, especially when he can't be sold for high fees and can leave for free within one year. We have to incur an extra 10m in order to replace him, which is a much higher incremental cost then giving him 80k, the highest wage currently earning by Coloccini.

I think the club would see it as taking a short-term hit in order to pursue a long-term goal of reducing the wage bill to a manageable level.

They probably feel that if they make exceptions, that's going to set a precedent for other deals and other negotiations. If there's wide variation between players' wages then that can lead to resentment, unless you have a Messi or a Rooney whose ability makes them stand out. Jose doesn't fall into that category.

There's also a problem that if you pay a player more than they're worth, you get issues when you want to progress later on and bring in replacements. It's difficult to shift the player on if you're paying them more than other clubs think they're worth (eg Smith)

The story of Shepherd's reign was of a club paying more and more to attract players in the hope of emerging at the end of the tunnel, but that end never came and we ended in a deeper mess.

take it this is the 'movement' ryder and douglas were harping on about yesterday?

NEWCASTLE United have enquired about signing England striker Peter Crouch – but they have been quoted £9 million by Tottenham.

With United closing in on PSG striker Mevlut Erdinc, United are set to cool their interest on the tall hitman (pictured left).

Crouch, 28, is eyeing a new four-year contract, and has two years left on his current deal. The Magpies take on Major League Soccer title hopefuls Columbus Crew – currently tied in second place in the Eastern Conference and in the middle of their season – without finding the net in the States so far and with goalscoring a cause for concern for Toon fans.

The 6ft 7in centre-forward is available from Tottenham Hotspur – but a price tag of up to £9million for Crouch could put interested parties off.

The Journal understands Crouch has moved up the list of possibilities, but that Erdinc is the more likely of United’s target to arrive at St James’ Park.

United have used Demba Ba, Leon Best, Peter Lovenkrands, Shola Ameobi and Nile Ranger during pre-season, while Hatem Ben Arfa has played just off the front man twice before getting injured.

Crouch is no longer a first-choice striker at Spurs these days and Harry Redknapp is already in the market for a new goalscorer.

Queens Park Rangers were also interested in taking the former Loftus Road man back across the capital, but have been put off by the fee and enquired about a loan deal instead.

Stoke City, though, may have the funds to take him to the Britannia Stadium.

While Crouch does not fit into the usual blueprint at St James’ Park, the need for an established striker has been apparent in the United States so far with nobody able to get off the mark so far across the pond.

Pardew has been keeping his cards close to his chest on transfers but did say from the States: “We are waiting on two decisions and that will determined where we go next and what we do.

“We are waiting for those to come in. We are still pursuing one or two players.”

Crouch has a record for Spurs of just four goals in 20 starts in the Premier League last season, but the striker was in and out of the team.

He also bagged four strikes in eight starts in the Champions League – including a memorable strike against AC Milan in the San Siro.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/07/26/united-s-interest-in-9m-crouch-cools-61634-29118666/#ixzz1TC9Gnqgi