Senior career*

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

2005–2006 Partizan 1 (0)

2006–2008 Heerenveen 34 (15)

2008– Ajax 77 (20)

National team‡

2007–2010 Serbia U21 19 (6)

2008– Serbia 7 (0)

There's not actually anything in this link, is there?

I doubt it, tried asking Mark Douglas but no response, his mate hates me though so no surprise

:D

:lol:

Mr Ryder?

Childish pathetic self serious cunt you mean

Ben Arfa / Vuckic

Marveaux / Ferguson / Jonas                                                              Sulejami /Obertan

Tiote / Gosling      Cabaye

quote from Pardew:

“I am hoping to deliver a side that looks a little bit different, and our style will change a little bit too. I am hoping we have a really exciting season – and that is how the team will be set up, to be exciting. I can’t wait to start and be around the city and the club again"

Saw another poster say that Mick Lowes asked Pardew about Obertan.  he said he'd signed him to help hit teams with pace on the break,  said he'd signed Cabaye to control games and find players on the break.

Maybe hes thinking of something like the above? Could see Jonas being moved on if he is - hes 29 and might not really fit that system.

Having said all that Ive just seen Ajax bought him for 16m euros so I dont think theres any chance he will sign

Guest Heneage

RE:Sulejmani forgetting the cost both in terms of fee and wages, he's actually back in favour at Ajax. He was one of the players frozen out during the tenure of Jol and was becoming something of a donkey because of his massive fee, however De Boer really has turned him round and he started against De Graafschap today playing really well in fact.

After a bit of Dennis Wise scouting, I say PLEASE SIGN HIM! Seemed to be more of a winger at Heerenveen and moved to play more as a striker for Ajax (though the stats don't agree with that), going from the video I watched. Still, can't see it happening at all.

Guest Heneage

EDIT: Nixon explained it better.

I almost want to put that in my sig.  :smitten:

He's lightning fast and got quite a hard shot. I think we could play him on the right and have him cut inside bit like N'zogbia or Shaqiri (seeing as he's a stocky little fella). Hamadoui is definitely on the way out but I wouldn't want him, lacks the physicality for this league IMO.

Has Pards been in Holland today ?

hodgey222011 Andrew

@

@mikeynufc Yeah Carr has recommended Sulejmani apparently

1 minute ago

»

mikeynufc mike cowperthwaite

@

@jezbutler who was pardew watching in holland? sulejmani?

Btw, how come some players don't get a work permit? Know nowt about the politics that goes on when it comes to work permits, but it seems fairly strange that someone who'd come in and earn shitloads (thus bringing in massive taxes) don't get a permit?

Btw, how come some players don't get a work permit? Know nowt about the politics that goes on when it comes to work permits, but it seems fairly strange that someone who'd come in and earn shitloads (thus bringing in massive taxes) don't get a permit?

Serbia is non-EU and he doesn't have enough caps.

Something about giving domestic workers/talent jobs before foreign, I think.

Guest Heneage

El Hamdaoui has already failed in England hasn't he?

Well, it's difficult. He came to Spurs on the back of fantastic form at Excelsior, but he had horrid luck with injuries. He went to Derby on loan and by all accounts down there impressed. I think given the strikers Spurs had at the time he was never likely to break through so went back to Holland. At Wilem II he got another bad bad injury, but still AZ took a gamble on him and he paid them back 10 fold really.

He does seem past his injury troubles, but then you have to say well in a robust league is a player who in the past has been susceptible to injuries what you want? Probably not. He's been touted to PSV and I think he'll end up there.

Currently a non-EU player applying for the permit must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches for which he was available for selection during the previous two years, and his country must have averaged at least 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings over the previous two years. If a player does not meet those criteria, the club wishing to sign him may appeal if they believe that he is a special talent and "able to contribute significantly to the development of the game at the top level in the UK."

Currently a non-EU player applying for the permit must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches for which he was available for selection during the previous two years, and his country must have averaged at least 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings over the previous two years. If a player does not meet those criteria, the club wishing to sign him may appeal if they believe that he is a special talent and "able to contribute significantly to the development of the game at the top level in the UK."

Cheers.

Still a daft rule IMO.