NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Toivonen is reportedly an NUFC-supporter. Not sure he's good enough for the Premiership though.

He is? Didn't know that if true. Not what we should be looking for as i've mentioned earlier in this thread.

Toivonen is reportedly an NUFC-supporter. Not sure he's good enough for the Premiership though.

He is? Didn't know that if true. Not what we should be looking for as i've mentioned earlier in this thread.

It's been stated several times, not sure myself as I've seen interviews with him where he says he supports Milan. Anyway, still not sure he's  good enough. He hasn't got any pace worth talking about, I think that's what we're lacking up front.

Guest bimpy474

It's been stated several times, not sure myself as I've seen interviews with him where he says he supports Milan. Anyway, still not sure he's  good enough. He hasn't got any pace worth talking about, I think that's what we're lacking up front.

Pace is exactly what were after, Ba is the target man for me, we want a busy quick fella alongside him, thats why when you see players like Crouch, Cole and Holt linked you can see its utter bullshit.

Reminds me of a certain Berbatov.

Ba played alongside Cole in west ham. And I belive he is more comfortable in the moving around beeing more of a finisher then a targetman for support. Besides I do bet Ben Arfa, Obertan and Marveaux are all players happy to come into the box to finish off, or run between FB and CB for a through ball.

Regarding the Ola Toivonen link. Just realised this is the final year of his contract  :shifty:

Never seen him play. How is he? Is he quick? Because we need some speed in attack..

Toivonen is a good player. 6'3" tall and with good technique. He isn't a speed merchant but isn't slow either. He's really good at holding up the ball and playing in other players. But he's still a pretty good goalscorer as well. Would fit us really well IMO.

And as a bonus he's from my part of Sweden as well. And for that alone I'd want him at Newcastle.

He`d cost a fair amount of money I presume. PSV don`t really need to sell and they are the type of club that usually buy up the best talents in the Dutch league fairly cheap and sell them on at a massive profit. I think he could certainly play well in the Prem league, he`s 6`3 but I don`t think we need a target man as mentioned,more a quick, mobile player than can get in behind defenders. How much do you think he`d cost? I`m guessing at least 10m euros as PSV are in no hurry/need to sell.