NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Every keeper in the world has been referred to as a good shot stopper. It's the easiest aspect of keeping.

Rob Green is an average shot stopper and a subaverage keeper.

Spot on.

Being a good shot stopper is the bare fucking minimum man.

Guest Heneage

Ha, I do enjoy these stories in the tabloids. Not committing to anything, could have been watching any number of players, perhaps Toivonen even. The article itself really just doesn't say one thing or another, states a fact or two but that's it.

As for Pieters good all round fullback, not the most attacking minded but can fill in at CB if needed. The lack of a price makes it hard to decide if the deals a good one or not. If it's say €3-4m I'd be happy.

Ha, I do enjoy these stories in the tabloids. Not committing to anything, could have been watching any number of players, perhaps Toivonen even. The article itself really just doesn't say one thing or another, states a fact or two but that's it.

As for Pieters good all round fullback, not the most attacking minded but can fill in at CB if needed. The lack of a price makes it hard to decide if the deals a good one or not. If it's say €3-4m I'd be happy.

Surely he must be pretty good if he's first choice for the Netherlands?

Guest Heneage

You'd  think that wouldn't you, but then they aren't really blessed with LB's. Ajax played Anita there for a time, Tim De Cler is really old and Emanuelson has but few defensive capabilities. In some ways I'd equate it to saying 'Glen Johnson is fantastic, he's England's right back!'.

Pardew wanted to check on Pieters fitness as he recovers from a pre-season knee injury.

Pieters low release clause will ease the transition between the two clubs

Sounds like a goer.

Fixed the quote, definite goer.

You'd  think that wouldn't you, but then they aren't really blessed with LB's. Ajax played Anita there for a time, Tim De Cler is really old and Emanuelson has but few defensive capabilities. In some ways I'd equate it to saying 'Glen Johnson is fantastic, he's England's right back!'.

:joey:

We don't need Toivonen tbh.

wat

He's good, but imo his best role is between attack and midfield, and for that position we've already got Ben Arfa and Vuckic.

Honestly don't think he is what we should be looking for, his natural position is behind a main striker.