NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

If we pay £14m for pPav I will die of anger

What if shola's new deal is announced at the same press conference right after? :lol:  You'll have to rise, phoenix like, and burn the place to the ground. 

So we believe that one line from Caulkin over the French reports that we've bid for Gameiro, Gervinho & even Payet when they've been bang on the money all summer with us pretty much. :lol:

Jesus f**king wept indeed.

Remind me how many of those we bought?

Hopefully we'll bid for Messi soon, we might win the league.

Nut, while i sympathise with your view, the bare fact is that we haven't actually brought a striker in yet (not Ba), therefore that line is simply more believable, imo

Chelsea want 3 mill to loan Sturridge. I think it is worth it to be honest.

We'd get the £3m back just by finishing higher up the league. In fact I'd say that signing would give us a real shot of cracking the top 6. If we are too tight to pay the permanent fee then it's an option worth taking, assuming they will still release him. He's been banging in the goals pre season.

Chelsea want 3 mill to loan Sturridge. I think it is worth it to be honest.

We'd get the £3m back just by finishing higher up the league. In fact I'd say that signing would give us a real shot of cracking the top 6. If we are too tight to pay the permanent fee then it's an option worth taking, assuming they will still release him. He's been banging in the goals pre season.

YES PLEASE

I'd tend to believe sources which have been pretty much bang on the money tbf. I wonder if we'll get some journo saying Wenger is reminding his chairman he needs a centre back after failed bids for Jones and Jagielka or does common sense show he wants a defender after these bids?

I'd take him if it didn't stop us going for other priority positions. Centre Mid options of Tiote, Cabaye, Benayoun and Gosling with the latter two able to fill in on the wings is a good bit of depth and with inevitable injuries, they would all probably play a lot.

I do like Pav, maybe for £4m, but £14m for a 29-year old striker just screams madness/awful newspaper rumour to me.

pav is 29 and they want 14 mil!

piss off.

Would rather spend the 3 mil on a loan for sturridge.

I'd tend to believe sources which have been pretty much bang on the money tbf. I wonder if we'll get some journo saying Wenger is reminding his chairman he needs a centre back after failed bids for Jones and Jagielka or does common sense show he wants a defender after these bids?

thats fair enough. common sense does of course suggest that, personally i'll believe we've got the money for a quality striker when we pay for one.

Guest Antec

Pardew makes it fairly clear in the SSN interview that we are looking to bring in the striker, and others "will depend on outgoings".

Nothing we didn't know really, but I guess it rules out the chance of us signing a backup left back / CB (unless they are development players).

They don't want to increase the wage bill, that's fine and understandable

As for outgoings, choose from Xisco, Smith, Perch, Guthrie, Loven, Stroller erc.. and replace with cheap frenchies probably

If the price is right I think we should go for Keirrison. He's obviously got potential and is still young. Also:

His name was chosen by his father, as a tribute to rock musician Jim Morrison from The Doors and Keith Richards from Rolling Stones, and also an admiration for the letter K

good enough reason to sign him imo.