NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

People have lost their nerve.

The end is upon us!

I won't lie, a small part of me wants you to lose to see the reactions on here.

I reckon at least 1 person will claim "this is the end of my time supporting this club!!!"

Never mind that, what do you make of the blue union nonsense?

Fucking hell! I can't believe the pessimism here.

To be fair I think that the players we've recruited this window are actually pretty good, regardless of how much we paid for them. Ba, Obertan, Marveaux and Cabaye all seem to be players who will add a lot to the team. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I think even with the current team we will do way better than last season. Obviously another striker, an lb and a rb would round out the squad quite nicely and I think there is still a good chance we will fill at least 2 of those positions with quality players.

Obviously a lot of people have a problem with the amount we've spent but as someone said earlier if we do well this season we'll have a better chance of signing higher calibre players than if we were to blow most of the transfer kitty now.

Agree, but the problem is that we have sunderland away next match, no LB.

We knew from early this summer that Enrique would go, so its no excuse to play the match with Raylor at LB.

But we have a new reserve keeper, good they got that one over the line before the match  :shifty:

The end is upon us!

I reckon at least 1 person will claim "this is the end of my time supporting this club!!!"

See 'not worthy of a thread' mate. A quite astonishing meeting.

Guest Wally_McFool

I've said it before, give it until the window shuts, then by all means, go crazy

:frantic:

Said it before.... beeen there, done that, worn the teeshirt.  :tickedoff:

The end is upon us!

Utterly bizarre.

'Why won't you sell?'

'There are no buyers'

'Why won't you spend money?'

'We've have none'

'That's not good enough!' *bangs fist*

At least it seems the majority of Everton fans rightly view this lot as the bunch of lopsided social misfits that they are, though.

“At the moment you have Shola Ameobi Leon Best, Peter Lovenkrands, Nile Ranger and Demba Ba, so maybe one has to move on before somebody comes in?”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/18/shearer-says-wear-tyne-clash-finely-poised-72703-29256895/

There you go, Shearer understands the boards problem.  Until we sell some of them on, it's just not viable to bring in a striker when we're already overflowing with riches in that department.

:troll:

The end is upon us!

Utterly bizarre.

'Why won't you sell?'

'There are no buyers'

'Why won't you spend money?'

'We've have none'

'That's not good enough!' *bangs fist*

At least it seems the majority of Everton fans rightly view this lot as the bunch of lopsided social misfits that they are, though.

It's truly frightening for our own Chairman to seemingly know fuck all about how the Club is being ran and how to sell the Club. But as I say, I'll leave this for the other thread.

Guest Melbourne Toon

Fucking hell! I can't believe the pessimism here.

To be fair I think that the players we've recruited this window are actually pretty good, regardless of how much we paid for them. Ba, Obertan, Marveaux and Cabaye all seem to be players who will add a lot to the team. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I think even with the current team we will do way better than last season. Obviously another striker, an lb and a rb would round out the squad quite nicely and I think there is still a good chance we will fill at least 2 of those positions with quality players.

Obviously a lot of people have a problem with the amount we've spent but as someone said earlier if we do well this season we'll have a better chance of signing higher calibre players than if we were to blow most of the transfer kitty now.

Agree, but the problem is that we have sunderland away next match, no LB.

We knew from early this summer that Enrique would go, so its no excuse to play the match with Raylor at LB.

But we have a new reserve keeper, good they got that one over the line before the match  :shifty:

Totally, Enrique was always going to leave and we should have had an lb signed up before the season started.........to be fair though, it's only sunderland  :pow:

Spot on colin.

This idea that posters like Nut and Ian, and others who defend the way the club is being run, are 'optimists' I find thoroughly bizarre.

Their attitude that we're never going to be better than we are so we should just accept it is completely at the other end of the scale from optimism. It's defeatism.

Erm, that's not my attitude.

you deny that we sell our best players.

'clubs know we need a LB and make it hard'

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shock! Horror!

It's a joke tbh. You would have assumed they had a left back ready and lined up if they were letting Enrique go before the season started.

Guest bimpy474

Dont think i've ever felt this low and worried, even in the relegation season it never felt this bad.

New seasons have always been about hope and i've always look forward to them, but despite my usual cheerful outlook i'm feeling helpless this time.

'clubs know we need a LB and make it hard'

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shock! Horror!

Well Alan, you know, have you considered that it may have been more sensible to, you know, make sure you have a replacement in place for the left back position before, you know, releasing the only recognised player in that position at the club. No? You're just a poor little sex pest bullied by your employers you say? I feel, Alan, I feel.