NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Egyptian U-20 striker Mohamed Salah says NUFC want to sign him on a season long loan from Arab Contractors SC.

(Ahram Online)

“Newcastle will soon make an official offer to sign me for one season. I don’t think Contractors will refuse to let me play in the English Premier League,” he told Ahram Online.

During the World Cup, Salah bamboozled opponents with some neat tricks and superb footwork but he was often blamed for failing to apply the finishing touch, having wasted many goal-scoring opportunities.

that sounds a lot like Shola but without the neat tricks and superb footwork.

;D

Regardless of whether people rate Simpson or not, I find it alarming albeit not surprising if we were unable to keep such a player at NUFC.  I cannot imagine his contract demands are outrageous either and he certainly is young enough.

Well IMO he's only a passable right back anyway. QPR are the sort of calibre team he would probably attract, and if he's asking for bigger pay because he's at Newcastle it might be he's over-rating himself a bit. I wouldn't be fussed at selling him if I thought we would go out and sign a genuine quality RB but with us that isn't likely so....

Has anyone at the club checked that the fax machine has any paper in it? 

I have to wonder since we appear to be bidding for players but never following up on them, or telling everyone how much we still want to sign players who have made it very clear they're not interested.  Are they just all sitting around a desk wonder why no one is replying to their offers and trying to ignore the annoying flashing light on the fax machine?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Sulley+Muntari+Mario+Balotelli+Bayern+Muenchen+VcOKTEIiBpdl.jpg

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

I really don't get the fuss about Simpson. Over the next two years, I'd honestly hope that we could replace him, not secure him on a more lucrative, long-term contract, which I assume is what he wants. He was okay for the job of getting us out of the Championship, but he's a limited player and now one of the weaker links. He's not the long-term solution to the Right Back problem as far as I'm concerned.

The logic that some people seem to be applying is that because Simpson won't sign, we won't be able to sign players who are better. Well, it's common knowledge that not all players at a club are on the same contract. We simply haven't offered Simpson what he thinks he's worth.

I really don't get the fuss about Simpson. Over the next two years, I'd honestly hope that we could replace him, not secure him on a more lucrative, long-term contract, which I assume is what he wants. He was okay for the job of getting us out of the Championship, but he's a limited player and now one of the weaker links. He's not the long-term solution to the Right Back problem as far as I'm concerned.

The logic that some people seem to be applying is that because Simpson won't sign, we won't be able to sign players who are better. Well, it's common knowledge that not all players at a club are on the same contract. We simply haven't offered Simpson what he thinks he's worth.

The fuss about Simpson should be really easy to understand tbh.  We already lack players in positions we've been looking for replacements for months. It's silly as f*** to think we'd suddenly manage to replace Simpson with a better player in this window. Simpson needs to stay.

The fuss about Simpson should be really easy to understand tbh.  We already lack players in positions we've been looking for replacements for months. It's silly as fuck to think we'd suddenly manage to replace Simpson with a better player in this window.

We don't need to replace him in this window. He's got 2 years left on his contract.

It's more about context rather than Simpson's worth per se.  Having just lost our first choice LB people are keen on us not lsoing our first choice rb.  I'm not a huge Simpson fan but this stuff is a big worry.

Guest BooBoo

Simpson is playing in the Premier League on a Championship wage. I think he's got every right to ask for his contract to be renegotiated.