NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Would be amazing to exit January having more players than when we entered. 

Was going to post a reply with a load of shit players I would want out and a couple of quality ones in but realised I only really want rid of Smith and Perch (would keep Loven for emergencies until the end of the season).

I wouldn't be surprised if we released him.

There's quotes from Loven in the skysports article where he talks about 'the danger of being a free agent' or something; if he goes, it'll likely be to a rival side. Pardew will want to keep him around if there aren't any takers; he seems to rate him for some unknown reason.

Guest Heneage

It would be sad to see Lovenkrands depart before Smith considering the difference in contribution. I do wonder what Smith will think when he looks back on his career. He has spent the better part of three seasons now just watching.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2067851/Newcastle-close-Erik-Pieters-3m.html

Newcastle hope to seal £3m deal for Pieters after taking second bite at Holland ace

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 10:46 PM on 29th November 2011

Newcastle are hoping to clinch a £3million deal for Holland international Erik Pieters, despite the defender breaking a foot playing against his former club Utrecht last month.

The 23-year-old PSV Eindhoven left back, a friend of Newcastle keeper Tim Krul, was close to joining the club during the summer but the deal fell through.

Now Pieters, who has 14 caps after taking over from Giovanni van Bronckhorst as Holland's first-choice left back, is keen to revive the deal and hopes to be fully fit by the end of the next transfer window in January.

Dat Price  :fwap:

Friend of Krul  :fwap:

Santon and Pieters  :fwap:

Scott Brown is linked with a Premier League team every window, must be his agent doing it as no one has gone near him and he doesn't stand out in the SPL. That's his level.