NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

It took Kaboul time to adapt to the Premier League too and now he is a great defender.

We dont have time. The idea would surely be to throw him into the mixer from the off.

True that. But if we're looking for back-up CB's in the summer , it wouldn't be too much of a risk buying from France, depending on price obviously.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If we get anyone it would be someone like Tomkins, realistically. Fairly young, time to improve, versatile, happy to sit on the bench next year.

It took Kaboul time to adapt to the Premier League too and now he is a great defender.

We dont have time. The idea would surely be to throw him into the mixer from the off.

So who do we sign then? Not sure who is out there would be guarenteed to settle straight away, apart from maybe Samba.

Go with that strand of thinking we'd probably end up signing somebody like James Collins or Roger Johnson, who people will champion as 'Prem ready' players but who are actually just shite.

If we get anyone it would be someone like Tomkins, realistically. Fairly young, time to improve, versatile, happy to sit on the bench next year.

West ham want us to pay top dollar by all accounts. The young lad at sheffield united would seem much more likely. But i agree with your general point though.

So who do we sign then? Not sure who is out there would be guarenteed to settle straight away, apart from maybe Samba.

Go with that strand of thinking we'd probably end up signing somebody like James Collins or Roger Johnson, who people will champion as 'Prem ready' players but who are actually just s****.

Or as dekka would prefer, no one.

I must admit the prospect of Ridgewell or Collins fills me with dread.

Don't see how Tomkins or the kid from Sheff U are any different to signing somebody from abroad. Not proven in the Prem.

Fair point. I suppose they have an experience of english football, if that counts for anything. But i admit it does invalidate that argument. Tomkins was poor last year by all accounts.

Guest bimpy474

Don't see how Tomkins or the kid from Sheff U are any different to signing somebody from abroad. Not proven in the Prem.

Fair point. I suppose they have an experience of english football, if that counts for anything. But i admit it does invalidate that argument. Tomkins was poor last year by all accounts.

Playing in a poor team Tomkins did struggle but as young player its always up and down, Just looking at Saylor in the relegation season mirrors it in a way, look at Saylor this season, a couple of years older, playing in a better performing team and playing alongside Colo, the improvement was there for all to see.

Not saying Tomkins would be the same, just saying like.

Guest Heneage

Interesting player. A targetman who isn't thickset but still quite strong. Solid enough pace but his touch is a bit hit and miss.

just watched a vid of him on youtube. dennis wise scouting report as follows ; a beast physically; likes to do basic 90 degree turns to gain half a yard and play early passes and shots; sticks to the flanks as much if not more than he plays centrally; quite raw; not that confident in terms of going for goal, prefers a pass; looks for a free kick bit too much.

I know it only YouTube, but I'd consider it a good window gettin him and samba if we could somehow pull it off. Looks good, great touch, strong, quick, eye for a pass. Would be more than a handful in my opinion.

Tomkins isn't anywhere near as bad as some make out. Bit like Saylor in that he broke through very quickly and was marked as one for the future, however not everything has gone to plan since then and he's lost his way. There's still a good defender in there waiting to come out, maybe we fancy being the ones to take the gamble and try to develop some of that early potential he showed.

He's a threat at the other end as well, however if were talking anything over £5m then it's a pricey move and were better off looking elsewhere, Samba is ready made, Blackburn are apparently skint, a move very unlikely a few weeks ago could be pulled off but it will be double figures and we've got to think about his age as well.

Would be nice to cement our position in the top half and a threaten the euro clubs, it could be done for £20m, or three key players, shame we won't see it happen, well be very lucky to get one.

He's a threat at the other end as well, however if were talking anything over £5m then it's a pricey move and were better off looking elsewhere, Samba is ready made, Blackburn are apparently skint, a move very unlikely a few weeks ago could be pulled off but it will be double figures and we've got to think about his age as well.

A double deal with himself and hoilet would have me looking forward to the rest of the season like nothing else

:pedro: