NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

He's a threat at the other end as well, however if were talking anything over £5m then it's a pricey move and were better off looking elsewhere, Samba is ready made, Blackburn are apparently skint, a move very unlikely a few weeks ago could be pulled off but it will be double figures and we've got to think about his age as well.

A double deal with himself and hoilet would have me looking forward to the rest of the season like nothing else

:pedro:

That is beyond my wildest dreams tbh, if that happened id be doing this for a like month straight  :dance:

Guest magpie99

Nailed on, Samba to Spurs, Hoilett to Manure

We wont sell anyone nor will we buy anyone significant.......................dream on people

Guest ToonZA
We wont sell anyone nor will we buy anyone significant.......................dream on people
  O0

Clubs will be loathed to sell their best players during this window and Ashley wont pay enough to convince them.

The scene seems to be set for the usual....Pardew coming out regularly to tell us that he and the board are trying to finalise a couple of deals and before you know it the window closes without an arrival. We are then told that the board did all they could but just could not get the deals closed in time but they promise to spend the money in the summer.

Blackburn still have a reasonable chance of staying up. I can't imagine that they'd want to sell any players for financial reasons when the financial consequences of relegation are so huge.

Likewise West Ham, in terms of the financial benefits of promotion.

At this point, bringing in someone from abroad seems more likely.

Is Tranquillo Barnetta still injured? I think his current contract is due to expire this Summer. We could do with a winger. I saw him linked with Aston Villa a week or two ago.

we could do with a player like him, though not necessarily as a winger (just one of the positions he's played well).

Guest sicko2ndbest

Isn't Sambas contract up in the summer?

If Blackburn let go they are signing their own death warrant

What's 8-10 million when you are relegated?

The only way this would be done is if Samba himself pushed it through

If even only one of the fullbacks could pass or one of the wingers was actually consistently dangerous it would make a vast difference to the side.

if any of them has some sort of movement it would make a vast difference to the side. given his limitations ryan taylor probably has the best movement of all our available wide players.

Not including Santon in this i assume?

in his time here so far, yes.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/02/chris-samba-not-on-newcastle-radar-72703-30047235/#.TwGUCKO3dxs.twitter

Chris Samba not on Newcastle radar

By Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle, Chief Sports Writer

Jan 2 2012

NEWCASTLE United will not turn to Blackburn Rovers defender Chris Samba during the January transfer window.

The 27-year-old is unsettled at Ewood Park, however, the Chronicle understands Magpies have their attentions elsewhere as they go into the winter trading period - despite reports that Samba was a Toon target.

Samba - who is valued at around £8million - does not fit into United's transfer blueprint and was linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur today.

Samba currently picks up £60,000 per week and Rovers are thought to be trying to move the player on this month but any deal to Tyneside would appear to be a non-starter.

The French media have also credited United, along with Wigan Athletic, with a move for Michael Ciani of Bordeaux but the player confirmed he is happy at his current club and wants to fight for his place.

He wouldn't come here for a pay cut anyway tbh.

Blackburn still have a reasonable chance of staying up. I can't imagine that they'd want to sell any players for financial reasons when the financial consequences of relegation are so huge.

Likewise West Ham, in terms of the financial benefits of promotion.

At this point, bringing in someone from abroad seems more likely.

could be the bank dictating they must sell as they apparently want 10m back