NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

mates with a Wolves fan on me course.  He hates Berra, says he's utter shite, although he hates most of the team.  Stearman usually bears the brunt of the abuse.

:lol: Play 5 a side with a Wolves fan, says much the same. Also can't understand why people thought/think Roger Johnson is any good. FWIW he doesn't seem this sold, controlled defender I read he was.

I've always said he was shite.

mates with a Wolves fan on me course.  He hates Berra, says he's utter shite, although he hates most of the team.  Stearman usually bears the brunt of the abuse.

:lol: Play 5 a side with a Wolves fan, says much the same. Also can't understand why people thought/think Roger Johnson is any good. FWIW he doesn't seem this sold, controlled defender I read he was.

I've always said he was shite.

He seemed very reliant on Scott Dann when he (Johnson) was getting praised for his defensive ability at Birmingham. No coincidence that when Dann (who despite being decent is hardly the beacon of defending brilliance) got crocked, things went to shit.

Independent are going with the Erding story -  Newcastle's officials preparing a second bid, PSG would want as much of the £7m they paid for him as possible.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/newcastle-in-for-7m-erding-6287741.html

Also say "Newcastle officials have been at pains to distance themselves from repeated stories linking Andy Carroll".

I'd be excited if we got Erdinc. I know some on here reckon he's not all that, but if we're going down this line of trusting our scouts to really study players in depth and bring in ones that we can see a bit extra in then he's a prime candidate considering how long we've been after him. And let's face it, he'll be an upgrade on at least Shola and Lovenkrands by default. A small amount of Dennis Wise scouting suggests he's a strong but pacey player who can finish with both feet and appears to play on the shoulder of the last defender. Whether that's accurate or not I don't know, but if we do get him then Carr/Pardew could hardly be more certain of what they're getting.

I'd be excited if we got Erdinc. I know some on here reckon he's not all that, but if we're going down this line of trusting our scouts to really study players in depth and bring in ones that we can see a bit extra in then he's a prime candidate considering how long we've been after him. And let's face it, he'll be an upgrade on at least Shola and Lovenkrands by default. A small amount of Dennis Wise scouting suggests he's a strong but pacey player who can finish with both feet and appears to play on the shoulder of the last defender. Whether that's accurate or not I don't know, but if we do get him then Carr/Pardew could hardly be more certain of what they're getting.

I'd be excited  merely for the thought of being able to play a trustworthy striker for the next 2 months.  :lol:

Thought this was an interesting youtube video of him:

MEVLUT ERDING( ERDINC ) [ PSG ]

doesn't look absolutely top drawer here (shows a half he played for Turkey v Finland). However he does look lively and the sort of player you described above - playing on the shoulder in a similar style to Bellamy.

Thing that really struck me watching that video which probably wouldn't have before I saw our new signings is the prospect of him getting on the end of some long passes and through balls from Cabaye.

The prospect of Ben Arfa and Erding making the runs with Cabaye pulling the strings is quite exciting - could really see him giving us an extra dimension if that video is anything to go by.

:thup: Agree with that, our foreign imports have been excellent for a while now, and if the same people who facilitated  those deals want this guy so badly as to pursue him for much of the summer and then go back in for him even after he's rejected us, it's encouraging to say the least.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/130343.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Newcastle the latest to eye swoop for Hoilett

Harry Harris, ESPNsoccernet

January 11, 2012

ESPNsoccernet understands Newcastle United could be set to lodge a bid for Blackburn Rovers winger Junior Hoilett.

Hoillet, 21, has impressed for Blackburn this season, despite the club's poor form that sees them bottom of the Premier League table.

It has been reported that interest in the Canada international is mounting - with Blackburn alleged to be open to a deal, aware they could lose the forward for nothing in the summer when his contract expires.

The likes of Tottenham have been mentioned as potential suitors, and now Newcastle appear to have joined the race to acquire his signature.

A source told ESPNsoccernet: "Newcastle might be the club who make a move for Hoilett, that is the buzz around Blackburn at the moment."

Such is Blackburn's financial plight that the club need to sell before attempting to add to their squad, and an asking price of around £7 million for Hoilett could pave the way for additions.

Chris Samba could be another player set for the exit door, with Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp making no secret of his interest in the defender.

"I've tried to sign [Gary] Cahill so many times. He is a good player and he is not expensive," the Tottenham boss is quoted as saying in the Daily Mail.

"Samba is a good player, too. If Tottenham wanted him we would have a big chance, with no disrespect to QPR."

Harry happily blabbing away about players who are being pursued by other teams again. If Tottenham don't want Samba then shut the fuck up you tosser.

Chris Samba could be another player set for the exit door, with Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp making no secret of his interest in the defender.

"I've tried to sign [Gary] Cahill so many times. He is a good player and he is not expensive," the Tottenham boss is quoted as saying in the Daily Mail.

"Samba is a good player, too. If Tottenham wanted him we would have a big chance, with no disrespect to QPR."

Harry happily blabbing away about players who are being pursued by other teams again. If Tottenham don't want Samba then shut the f*** up you tosser.

I reckon he's on a massive troll fest with this pretty being his last transfer window

Can't see it.

I can see it if it was 4-5 million because i genuinely believe we are the level he is at..........

Join us for 2-3 years then join a top 4 club as quite frankly he can still be inconsistent as he is still young and quite frankly if he leaves for a top 4 club now i reckon he might suffer the same fate as Jones and the such like......

I'd do an Ashley Young tbh( join a side outside the top 6 prove yourself and then join a top 4 club)

Let's see what happens, either way the longer the window goes on the more likely it is that Blackburn will have to accept a cut-price deal.