Nicky Butt

binnsy

Good news that the club is looking to offload the likes of Butt and isn't going to just rely on 'Experienced Campaigners' next season.

I never want to see us buy a player for 'experience' ever again. The idea the 'experience' is beneficial is a complete phallacy 95% of the time.

The problem isn't buying 'experienced' players, the problem is buying Man Utd cast offs.

The vast majority of them never do better after leaving Old Trafford in fact the only player we ever bought off them who did OK was David McCreery.

Imagine how Blackburn felt when they got a 'bargain' by buying Cole and Yorke (cost to Manure = £20 million) for 'just' £6 million?

That bargain looked like a total waste of money after a season.

Guest Heneage

Hey Nicky...

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/375534/4a4da-ari_gold_get_the_fuck_out.gif

Ari Gold.  :smitten:

Guest jonlane86

Did well in the 06-07 season, that's it.

Would never call him a top professional after that display at Wembley.

Cardiff!

Guest BooBoo

The year after he came back from Birmingham, he had a good year. I find the hate for him ridiculous really. He was past his best its not really his fault if he was being picked.

Good luck to the bloke and thanks for his efforts. Was ludicrosuly made the scapegoat after that horrendous day in Cardiff and although seemingly accepted at SJP, has been a long time whipping boy on here.

Good news that the club is looking to offload the likes of Butt and isn't going to just rely on 'Experienced Campaigners' next season.

I never want to see us buy a player for 'experience' ever again. The idea the 'experience' is beneficial is a complete phallacy 95% of the time.

Yeah, it's a real dick idea.

:lol:

Guest Stephen927

Magic there's 50k gone from the wagebill.

He was on £40k when we sent him on loan to Birmingham. Can imagine him being on less now, £30k.

Magic there's 50k gone from the wagebill.

He was on £40k when we sent him on loan to Birmingham. Can imagine him being on less now, £30k.

That's still money off the wagebill, and most importantly Butt out of the team for ever.

Yeah, it's a real dick idea.

:lol:

Oh shit it just clicked. :lol:

:blush:

Guest dazzanufc1892

not liked the guy since the day he signed, poor mans speedo.

Then when reading his comment in a utd book my friend showed me where he said after his Birmingham loan, he didnt really want to return but his pay packet was that good he couldnt leave n would go for smaller wages, i've just thought hes a cunt.

good riddance, dont let the door hit you on the arse on the way out u fucker.

P.S. if you wish this man good luck......remember the game at the millennium when we lost, and at the end of the game, he ignored our fans, and went over to utds, and then had a good laugh with their players.

as i said, fuck off nicky

Guest BooBoo

not liked the guy since the day he signed, poor mans speedo.

Then when reading his comment in a utd book my friend showed me where he said after his Birmingham loan, he didnt really want to return but his pay packet was that good he couldnt leave n would go for smaller wages, i've just thought hes a cunt.

good riddance, dont let the door hit you on the arse on the way out u fucker.

P.S. if you wish this man good luck......remember the game at the millennium when we lost, and at the end of the game, he ignored our fans, and went over to utds, and then had a good laugh with their players.

as i said, fuck off nicky

Thats a myth peddled mainly by Alan Oliver.

No sympathy whatsoever. How can anybody defend 3 seasons of VERY POOR performances and 7-8 million gone in wages for this waster. And for all his experience and character he's quite good at hiding from responsibility on the field, not to mention his complete lack of ability. It was evident he gave up on his Newcastle career a long time ago.

A football fraud, that's what he is.. same as Duff, Owen, Carr, Smith, Viduka

Guest BooBoo

Owen, Duff and Viduka are on a different level of wasteland. At least Butt and Smith have given us some sweat!

thought he might have signed with oldham for a season, what with him being a fan and that.

That's Paul Scholes (unless Butt is a fan as well but I've never heard anything about it)

Butt is a City Fan as far as I know.

Guest palnese

thought he might have signed with oldham for a season, what with him being a fan and that.

That's Paul Scholes (unless Butt is a fan as well but I've never heard anything about it)

Butt is a City Fan as far as I know.

Got a tattoo of the City crest on his calf ?!

Pleased Hughton hasn't given in and given him a 'sentimental return to the Premiership for one final farewell season'. His legs went a few years ago and he quickly went from experienced to old.

Couldn't give a shit who he signs for, how he plays and how much he's going to earn. He's not going to be our problem/burden for much longer thankfully. :)