World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

People getting robbed already down Saffa way.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/9100740

JOHANNESBURG, May 28 (Reuters) - Police arrested two hotel workers on charges of stealing from Colombia's national soccer team, in South Africa for a friendly match ahead of next month's World Cup, the Times newspaper reported on Friday.

"Two female employees of the plush Hyde Park Southern Sun Hotel, in northern Johannesburg, were arrested and appeared in court...charged with stealing 21,000 rand ($2,743) worth of U.S. dollars from members of the team on Monday," the national newspaper said.

$2,743 worth of dollars? What an odd way of saying it.

They're saying 21,000R worth of dollars though, the brackets are only there to indicate what that would be.

Just saw this photo, Mike needs a new avatar  :thup:

http://estaticos02.marca.com/blogs/fuera-de-juego/imagenes_posts/2010/05/26/donovan.jpg

:mackems:

No offense to the English, but I love this.

I'm trying to to a draw with the family for the world cup, fiver in each, 8 of us all getting 4 teams each, everyone with a top seed, 2nd, 3rd & 4th, though it seems a bit unfair that portugal is a 2nd seed and that France will be someones top seed. It should have been South Africa, but they've got no hope and i've put them 4th seed in their group.

It's a bit difficult to get it bang right, though i'd rather have portugal over Saffa and France, though it means changing groups etc. Might just leave France top seed.

Anyone else doing similar, how did they do it?

It may be just a friendly against Saudi Arabia, but some of Spain's movement and on the ball play on the ground is second to none.

Aren't they drawing?

That's why I said their movement ;) I didn't mention their shit finishing :lol:

It may be just a friendly against Saudi Arabia, but some of Spain's movement and on the ball play on the ground is second to none.

I think we are a bit shit. Yeah, the passes look nice, but it's Saudi Arabia, hardly Germany.

Alonso 2-1 btw.

I'm trying to to a draw with the family for the world cup, fiver in each, 8 of us all getting 4 teams each, everyone with a top seed, 2nd, 3rd & 4th, though it seems a bit unfair that portugal is a 2nd seed and that France will be someones top seed. It should have been South Africa, but they've got no hope and i've put them 4th seed in their group.

It's a bit difficult to get it bang right, though i'd rather have portugal over Saffa and France, though it means changing groups etc. Might just leave France top seed.

You've got to think though, Portugal have Brazil in their group and therefore will probably go through 2nd and have a harder 2nd round tie. I'd leave it as you have it with France rightly replacing South Africa as top seeds.

You've got to think though, Portugal have Brazil in their group and therefore will probably go through 2nd and have a harder 2nd round tie. I'd leave it as you have it with France rightly replacing South Africa as top seeds.

Spain.