World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

Don't see that Rio missing out is that big problem tbh. As Mourinho would say "he's an important player, but we have other players, too" (or something like that).

The only real vital England player is Rooney imo.

Guest toonlass

Tbh, it could be a blessing in disguise for England. Rio has been injury prone all season and could have broken down with his back after the tournament had started. Get Dawson in there, and let the lad prove himself!

gtfo

What?  :lol:

Don't see that Rio missing out is that big problem tbh. As Mourinho would say "he's an important player, but we have other players, too" (or something like that).

The only real vital England player is Rooney imo.

Rooney definitely is the killer, but the prospect of Upson/Dawson/Carragher shits me up.

It's actually pretty damn gutting that Rio is out. When on form he is our best CB by far  :weep:

We're now going to have to go into the WC with either King (crazy knees), Dawson (unproven), Upson (shit) or Carra (shit and old)  :no:

s***. We can't play Ledley King's Knees

King with dodgy knees would still do a better job then Carragher and Upson (and even Terry tbh). Ferdinand was badly out of form anyway so no big deal.

Thats ridiculous,he only plays once every two weeks.I wouldn't have taken him at all because of this and the fact he was awful against Mexico.Carragher for all of his faults is a safer option.

King with dodgy knees would still do a better job then Carragher and Upson (and even Terry tbh). Ferdinand was badly out of form anyway so no big deal.

Thats ridiculous,he only plays once every two weeks.I wouldn't have taken him at all because of this and the fact he was awful against Mexico.Carragher for all of his faults is a safer option.

Would rather alternate King and Dawson tbh. Carragher is about 3 years past a level of acceptability.

Would rather alternate King and Dawson tbh. Carragher is about 3 years past a level of acceptability.

...but he looked good against Mexico whereas Rio was abysmal. The difference at CB between the two halves was huge.

Not happy Rio's injured, and I don't expect Dawson to play, but I'm not too worried about this injury. The only one that would really fuck us over would be Rooney (or possible Ashley Cole) and even with Rooney missing we might surprise a few teams with an orthodox 442. Crouch can be an absolute nightmare for oppos if the refs don't do him over.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I would definately call walcott up.

In carra, upson, king and terry we still have enough cover there

I just think walcotts pace coupled with the fact he has got a huge point to prove will make him a valuable assett

Pirlo has a calf injury, might be out of the world cup

Oh just fuck right off.

he's in Milano for treatment right now

hmph, he's in my fantasy team. One that can't be changed till after the group stage. As is Rio.

Pirlo has a calf injury, might be out of the world cup

Oh just f*** right off.

he's in Milano for treatment right now

hmph, he's in my fantasy team. One that can't be changed till after the group stage. As is Rio.

You're a fucking curse.

:lol:

You're all cunts.

Someone else in it has both Didier Drogba and Humberto Suazo. Both crocked.

I've got:

Eduardo

Rio

Heitinga

Godin

Arbeloa

Pirlo

Gourcuff

Xavi

David Silva

Higuain

Robben

(It was a 'draft' fantasy team, we couldn't have duplicate players)