World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Coat_of_Arms

This will give you more of the story behind the three lions. Monarchs always used poweful beasts as a symbol, to inspire people to follow them and instill fear in their enemies. Don't forget that for thousands of years all people would know of you was the stories they had been told, so if you could spread a story of how you killed some fiersome creature it could serve you well on your travels.

Agree about Richard I though. He only came to England a few times, didn't speak English and really hated the country. It was just another title and some more taxes for him to collect. The only reason he is held up as a great king is becasue of his military campaigns and his christian crusades. Give me Henry V any day.

Haven't really followed the other teams' selection, but I read that Blanco for Mexico was in the Mexico squad (the guy who did that bunny hop thing).

Has he made it to the World Cup?

Haven't really followed the other teams' selection, but I read that Blanco for Mexico was in the Mexico squad (the guy who did that bunny hop thing).

Has he made it to the World Cup?

Aye it was and aye he is in the squad. Probably only be on the bench though.

Maradona has used 107(!) players in his 19 games as manager!

Figure is massively distorted by some of the friendlies they've played where they don't pick players who play Europe though which people love to forget about.

Two Britsh tourists killed in South Africa. 21 injured. Don't know if they were football  fans are not

Oh dear, link?

Just said it on SSN, at the beginning of their World Cup Report. Don't think they'll have a link up yet

Can someone tell me why we've got 3 lions? Why lions are associated with England, from my knowledge we've never had lions roaming England, did we pick it up on the crusades? Was it before then? Even so, that's only slightly near where the majority of lions hang about.

Seems strange to me.

Quackers77 told me otherwise.

Two Britsh tourists killed in South Africa. 21 injured. Don't know if they were football  fans are not

Oh dear, link?

Just said it on SSN, at the beginning of their World Cup Report. Don't think they'll have a link up yet

Bus crash apparently.

Oh dear, link?

Bus crash apparently.

:(

Lots of them of late. It's like plane crashes, none for ages then loads at once.

Think its going to be a wank how all the atmospheres are effectively all going to be the same - a load of cunts blowing them fucking horns, dancing around like a bunch of twats even though there is no music on. Shame.

From the beeb:

This just in from the Associated Press: Diego Forlan says a plane failure has delayed Uruguay's flight to Cape Town ahead of its opening match in the World Cup against France on Friday. Forlan said on his Twitter account that it was

"incredible, a day before the start of the Cup. Is there no other plane available?"

:facepalm: