World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

Let's not fight amongst ourselves! We all need to focus on the real enemy; Mike!

Here lies the truth!!!

(poor mike)  :lol:

:lol: I honestly can't remember the last sporting event I was this twisted in knots over.

Score predictions for todays games?

On paper, Mexico look much stronger than South Africa but you can never tell with host nations. 1-1 draw

France will beat Uruguay 2-1, but it won't be a convincing performance IMO

New York Times poll:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/06/09/sports/soccer/20100609-worldcup-interactive.html?hp

63% think yanks will win or draw against England.

Some of the comments just to wind you up ;)

Though you gotta love the Brits, I believe that All-American heart and attitude will prevail. Its like if the World Cup had teams, the US would be the "Three-Legged Hound Dogs," though disadvantaged, could still sniff out a victory. The UK would be the "Grass Fairies," light, fast,and magical, but fairies nonetheless.

I want our men to do much more than win. I want them to open up a giant gushing leak of handsome soccer DOMINANCE on those freaking limeys. Mess up OUR country, willya? U to the S to the A, all the way.

Babatunde?

Find it laughable when people claim England fans expect success purely because we invented the sport.

Nothing to do with having some of the best players in some of the best teams on the planet then.

BBC will stream their games live and then they'll be on iPlayer. Dunno about ITV.

iPlayer blocked at work.

Can you not go through the website? At bbc.co.uk/football whenever they have 'Live World Cup games' with all the latest info and written match highlights etc., they often have a screen at the top showing BBC1 live when the game is on there.

Guest icemanblue

A fucking wedding, man! I don't even know the fuckers!! Some grade 'A' bullshit, is this!

What?! Fuck that!

My life wouldn't be worth living if I was to blow it off. I skipped on one of her families birthday parties for the Villa relegation match, so my credit is gone.

I've emailed the venue to see if they will have it on anywhere on site, or near by. :lol:

A f***ing wedding, man! I don't even know the fuckers!! Some grade 'A' bullshit, is this!

What?! f*** that!

My life wouldn't be worth living if I was to blow it off. I skipped on one of her families birthday parties for the Villa relegation match, so my credit is gone.

I've emailed the venue to see if they will have it on anywhere on site, or near by. :lol:

Where you off to? Chances are they'll have a bar!

Guest icemanblue

A f***ing wedding, man! I don't even know the fuckers!! Some grade 'A' bullshit, is this!

What?! f*** that!

Lincolnshire countryside, mate. It's a 'manor house' with function rooms only. Someone who works there has to be having a sly watch on a laptop or something, though. They haven't replied to my email, like.

:lol: I'm sitting here being angry for Inochi. People turn into massive egotistical assholes when the wedding comes around. They've known for six months that June 12 was England World Cup day! It's not like it's over here, where they can feign ignorance, you boys seem to be pretty serious about this sport.

They just shrugged their shoulders and set the date. Didn't even give a fuck. Damn!

What?! f*** that!

Lincolnshire countryside, mate. It's a 'manor house' with function rooms only. Someone who works there has to be having a sly watch on a laptop or something, though. They haven't replied to my email, like.

That's rough that like.