Why I can't be bothered with England in the world cup.

Guest thenorthumbrian

i will watch it all the way, i will support England fully.

But it just dosent hurt when they lose, i cant pretend otherwise.

Likewise. Not any more anyway. Very much looking forward to this one.

Even years I haven't particularly looked forward to it, I can't help getting caught up in the enthusiasm.

I hate the prema donna, overpaid, over hyped bunch of tw@s that are the England players bar a couple BUT when it comes to World Cup time I can't help but get caught up in the euphoria. There's nothing better than going to a pub with hundreds of England shirts in it screaming obscenities at the opposition and bringing the house down when we score.

World Cup fever is awesome and it's the biggest tournament in the world bar none. So what if people who don't even like football get involved,  my missus hates the game but every two years when there's a tournament on she watches all the England games and screams and shouts at the TV as much as the best of us.

It's a great occasion and what the f**k is wrong with having a bit of National pride from time to time, I'm sick of being told not to be English and the government trying to multiculturalise us all to the point where we have no national identity left, so if I can find a bit in football then it's all good!

/rant

I'm really looking forward to the World Cup. It doesn't matter that the bars will be full of people who don't normally watch matches, there's nothing wrong there. It helps create a unique and fantastic atmosphere.

Last World Cup myself and a mate booked holidays from work for all of England's matches and the day after as well to recover, and went to the bars for opening time to ensure a good seat. Spent the whole day getting smashed and watching the other games (Assuming England weren't on) whilst the bar got more full and the atmosphere built up and generally had a fantastic time watching a feast of football from all around the world.

Although I can't quite do the same this year as I'll not get the time off work, it's going to be fantastic and I can't wait.

Guest Stephen927

Quick question:

What do you call a Scotsman at the World Cup?

The same as you'd call him no matter the location; a skirt wearing sissy.

Guest je85

Plus, even if you don't like the football at least all the supermarkets get into price wars on cheap crates of beer and if you don't like beer or football then I'm stumped.

Plus, even if you don't like the football at least all the supermarkets get into price wars on cheap crates of beer and if you don't like beer or football then I'm stumped.

This is another VERY good point.

Guest secteur2010

Cannot wait to see england bomb out - especially JT's stupid face when he realises it's all over for another 4 years!

Going to be so funny watching people take the silly little england flags off their cars after the 2nd round.

Roll on more england misery.

Cannot wait to see england bomb out - especially JT's stupid face when he realises it's all over for another 4 years!

Going to be so funny watching people take the silly little england flags off their cars after the 2nd round.

Nob!

Nob!

I thought that was a bit c**tish to be honest too.

I love the atmosphere of the world cup especially watching it while abroad on holiday but I really cant stand most of the players who play for England. I think the only person that would make me watch is if Milner gets a run in the team. People like Terry, Cole, Rooney etc really put me off. Once again I shall be supporting Holland instead.

Guest secteur2010

Probably Scottish.

Far from it. Born and bred an Englishman.

What I can't stand is posturing, moronic idiots that represent the national team. A team of, when it comes to the WC comp, complete losers, people who have achieved nothing in the previous world cups that they have played in, yet they think of themselves as untouchable, when in fact they are petulant, spoilt, bastards.

And as for a lot of the "Ingerlund" fans! A bunch of dribbling, moronic, half wits you'd be harder pressed to find. Except maybe in Scotland.

I'm not bothered about England winning it or not, as long as we make at least the quarters and put up a good fight, that'll ding dang do for me.  I actually enjoy watching the lesser teams more than I enjoy watching England.  For some reason I used to love watching Switzerland in these tournaments, and when I was about 8 or so, Alain Sutter and Stephane Chapuisat were up there with Beardsley and Ruel Fox.

Can't wait personally. Wish it was starting today.

Also, think it's great that the nation can have a bit of positivity for once even if it's just for a short time.

C'Mon England.

I'm looking forward to the World Cup but mainly because it's an excuse to watch more football. I'll support England, but it's never devastating when they lose.

I just want to see good football from the best players in the world with the best team winning it.

Would hate for a Jose Mourinho or Greece 2004 type team to win it. Shit football served up with a "win at all costs, who gives a fuck about entertainment" mentality. If England play well, I hope we win, if not, then anyone else who is actually looking to entertain and attack with a bit of flair instead of boring everyone to death.

Probably Scottish.

Far from it. Born and bred an Englishman.

What I can't stand is posturing, moronic idiots that represent the national team. A team of, when it comes to the WC comp, complete losers, people who have achieved nothing in the previous world cups that they have played in, yet they think of themselves as untouchable, when in fact they are petulant, spoilt, bastards.

And as for a lot of the "Ingerlund" fans! A bunch of dribbling, moronic, half wits you'd be harder pressed to find. Except maybe in Scotland.

You are a big posh sod with plums in your mouth.