Tim Krul signs new four-year contract

David28

A far cry from 2 yrs ago when Dennis Wise had him saying his goodbyes....

O rly?

Krul came close to joining Feyenoord last summer, only for executive director (football) Wise to pull the plug. “Feyenoord met all conditions and it seemed perfect,” he said of the aborted deal. “I dreamt of being in Rotterdam. But Wise suddenly put a veto on the transfer.

Can only assume Krul has been assured that he and Forster will compete for the #1 shirt sooner rather than later (next season?). I expected Krul to be sold this summer, with him wanting to leave too.

He could so easily have walked away by now. Shows he really wants it at this club :thup:

That's the key thing, I'm well happy about this news. Met him a few times and he seemed a really nice lad.

Really hope he gets a few premier games under his belt for us this season, will really test him and see what we've got on our hands.  :thup:

Nice to see a good young player sign on and fight for Harper's shirt next year.

He needs to be playing every week at his age so even if it doesn't work out for him here we'll still get something back for him if/when he moves on. Everyone's a winner. :)

Just echoing what everybody else has said, great news - had a feeling he may have been winding down his contract and buggering off but clearly feels he's getting closer and closer to first team football.

This might be the best pre-season move yet. Tim Krul will if not this season but next season certainly become the starting goalkeeper with the way he has played. Hes a magnificient goalkeeper and I cant remember many if any bad games he's had at this club.

This might be the best pre-season move yet. Tim Krul will if not this season but next season certainly become the starting goalkeeper with the way he has played. Hes a magnificient goalkeeper and I cant remember many if any bad games he's had at this club.

How many games can you remember him playing?

Guest Heneage

I take more pleasure from the fact when he has come in he's pulled off some top saves, with more regularity he could become a really good goalkeeper.

"I would like to thank Harps and Paul Barron for the guidance that they have shown me too date."

It was a done deal weeks ago , it is good that he is staying & nice to see he mentions Harper & Barron in helping him develop.