Club statement

Magpie

Tend to disagree. They are still keeping everyone 'guessing about monies available', and they have done the vast majority of their 'deals on the quiet' (looking at the agent centric section of the statement they will apparently continue to do their best to keep it that way too).

Most deals have been known about well in advance I think that is a bit of myth to honest. Of couse the odd unknown signs on but that happens with every manager.

Most of our business in January was not revealed anywhere until the day it was completed IIRC.

Williamson dragged on for a week+ ffs

Routledge was known about  days in advance as we going against the Boro who were first in.

Danny Simpson was a known.

Leon Best a deadline day signing was the only one.

I thought Routledge wasn't known about until it was revealed we'd got him?  I certainly remember Boro being in for him without any mention of us.  Certainly the way it reads there http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,67272.0.html

There was also Hall & Van Aanholt which just "happened" as well.

Davie Craig was ITK & dropping hints well before http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,64337.msg2160448.html#msg2160448 & it was in some of the rags before he joined us.

WOW!!! Loan signings signed as backup/short term are naturally going to be under the radar.

Best a deadline day signing was the only transfer that was not reported before it happened but that happens on deadline day.

i can't remember david craig dropping hints well before. defintly on the day though.

The Prophet posted what a few of us saw on 21/01/2010 & if I had the time or energy I would find the bits in newspaper as well.

Tend to disagree. They are still keeping everyone 'guessing about monies available', and they have done the vast majority of their 'deals on the quiet' (looking at the agent centric section of the statement they will apparently continue to do their best to keep it that way too).

Most deals have been known about well in advance I think that is a bit of myth to honest. Of couse the odd unknown signs on but that happens with every manager.

Most of our business in January was not revealed anywhere until the day it was completed IIRC.

Williamson dragged on for a week+ ffs

Routledge was known about  days in advance as we going against the Boro who were first in.

Danny Simpson was a known.

Leon Best a deadline day signing was the only one.

I thought Routledge wasn't known about until it was revealed we'd got him?  I certainly remember Boro being in for him without any mention of us.  Certainly the way it reads there http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,67272.0.html

There was also Hall & Van Aanholt which just "happened" as well.

Davie Craig was ITK & dropping hints well before http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,64337.msg2160448.html#msg2160448 & it was in some of the rags before he joined us.

WOW!!! Loan signings signed as backup/short term are naturally going to be under the radar.

Best a deadline day signing was the only transfer that was not reported before it happened but that happens on deadline day.

Whereas us being in for Harewood was widely reported.  You can't just include the ones that suit your point of view man.  :lol:

Signing Routledge came pretty much under the radar, very few people were expecting it.

Mind if Best is an example of getting someone in without others bidding, perhaps there's a different lesson there. No f***er else was interested.  :lol:

Marlon slightly different as his contract is up this summer so his agent is going to be flagging him up & rightly so.

i've wrote an article on my new blog about ashley and the statement. read it at stephenbrown21390.blogspot.com

Would read again. Fascinating, insightful and heartfelt. A real page turner! AA+++

:hmm:

I cried.

i've wrote an article on my new blog about ashley and the statement. read it at stephenbrown21390.blogspot.com

Newcastle United have released a statement claiming that they have no money to spend for next season just a week after the end of their successful Championship winning season.

That's your first line, your first fucking line and you've got it wrong. We didn't claim that at all, your basing your entire article over a statement that you've either manipulated and twisted, or not read at all.

Guest elbee909

Newcastle United have released a statement claiming that they have no money to spend for next season just a week after the end of their successful Championship winning season.

That's your first line, your first fucking line and you've got it wrong. We didn't claim that at all, your basing your entire article over a statement that you've either manipulated and twisted, or not read at all.

Blogs, eh.  Mostly shite.

Harsh but rightly so. You fucked that one up big time. Start again.

Harsh but rightly so. You fucked that one up big time. Start again.

No don't.

Blogs, eh.  Mostly shite.

totally, who the fuck wants to know what johnny nobody has got to say about anything?  if you want someone's opinion on something then at least click on a good newspaper or news site and have trained journalists telling you your opinions for fucks sake

That's your first line, your first f***ing line and you've got it wrong. We didn't claim that at all, your basing your entire article over a statement that you've either manipulated and twisted, or not read at all.

Blogs, eh.  Mostly s****.

totally, who the f*** wants to know what johnny nobody has got to say about anything?  if you want someone's opinion on something then at least click on a good newspaper or news site and have trained journalists telling you your opinions for f***s sake

don't say that man. you'll kill 99% of the internet, especially this place

After having a few days to consider it...and having the follow up statement released...I've got no clue what they're planning to do.

I think the only way the statements makes sense is that Ashley is going to keep bank rolling the club (covering losses projected for the next 4 years until we break even in year 5) and we'll be spending a few million (up front) on transfers every season.

If he didn't plan to loan the club any more money then it would be forced to break even immediately as the accounts wouldn't be signed off in year one....so he must plan to keep putting more money in.

If he doesn't plan to use the extra turnover to pay off any outstanding debt, then the club would break even immediately by default, not in 5 years...so he must plan some other expenses that will require further loans (player purchases).

I think this is what a lot of people have already said in the thread...the problem being that Llambias has once again managed to fuck up something intended to be positive to such a degree that it's alienated 95% of the audience.

Aye, the problem is the way in which the statement is worded, not in what it actually says (for the most part).

Think most have been saying that since it was released like.

What a bunch of fucking halfwits!

Would it have been so difficult to say nothing at all or to release a statement that didn't panic the fans.

How on earth can they get it so completely wrong on such a consistent basis?

It baffles me how these two fucking morons have ever made a penny from business. The way they carry on i'd be amazed if they can tie their own fucking shoelaces.

What a bunch of fucking halfwits!

Would it have been so difficult to say nothing at all or to release a statement that didn't panic the fans.

It baffles me how these two fucking morons have ever made a penny from business. The way they carry on i'd be amazed if they can tie their own fucking shoelaces.

They had to clarify the situation to avoid speculation.  :doh:

What a bunch of f***ing halfwits!

It baffles me how these two f***ing morons have ever made a penny from business. The way they carry on i'd be amazed if they can tie their own f***ing shoelaces.

They had to clarify the situation to avoid speculation.   :doh:

in reality they  speculated on the situation to avoid  clarification.

£37.7 million was lost in 2009 and £32.5 million is the expected loss for 2010, from the statement the club intend to keep reducing yearly losses by about £5.4m every year to break even in 2016:

2009 = £37.7m loss

2010 = £32.5m loss

2011 = £27.1m loss

2012 = £21.7m loss

2013 = £16.3m loss

2014 = £10.9m loss

2015 = £5.5m loss

2016 = £0.1m loss

In order for the accounts to be signed off, Ashley will be forced to put that money into the club to cover those losses, every year. So by 2016 Ashley will have loaned us a further £81.6m.

He could spend that on players in the summer and have us in the champions league in 2011/2012   :joker:

You're missing the fact that the 2010 loss was in the Championship.  This season we're guarenteed at least £40m extra revenue from being in the Premiership.  There shouldn't be any loss before transfers.

You're missing the fact that the 2010 loss was in the Championship.  This season we're guarenteed at least £40m extra revenue from being in the Premiership.  There shouldn't be any loss before transfers.

Plus significant reduction in the wage bill, plus you'd expect there to be a reduction in the (alleged) continued payments to other clubs of transfer fees for players no longer at the club, plus the future income we should be getting from sponsorship deals that in recent years had (allegedly) been spent up front by the club, plus the staggered payments for players we've recently sold (Milner, Bassong, Martins, Duff, Given, Zog).

Plus significant reduction in the wage bill, plus you'd expect there to be a reduction in the (alleged) continued payments to other clubs of transfer fees for players no longer at the club, plus the future income we should be getting from sponsorship deals that in recent years had (allegedly) been spent up front by the club, plus the staggered payments for players we've recently sold (Milner, Bassong, Martins, Duff, Given, Zog).

Does anyone know approximately how much Butt was on out of interest?