Club statement

Magpie

Anyone got any ideas why the board believed this statement to be necessary btw? There's certainly very little fan unrest, clamour for 'Ashley out' or rumours about the club being sold at present as far as I know.

If anything all it's going to do (and that bit about no spending on players in particular) is whip things up again.

Gets the summer of disappointment in the transfer market out of the way early.  :dontknow: :(

It'll stop plenty buying season tickets that's for sure

Anyone got any ideas why the board believed this statement to be necessary btw? There's certainly very little fan unrest, clamour for 'Ashley out' or rumours about the club being sold at present as far as I know.

If anything all it's going to do (and that bit about no spending on players in particular) is whip things up again.

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/pierce/shooting%20yourself%20in%20the%20foot.jpg

Nothing unsurprising unfortunately.

Pretty obvious there would be little / no money to spend.

Kind of saves on the months of OTT speculation and then the negative attention reaching boiling point at the start of the new season. Better it's out of the way now, if that's the way it's going to be.

(Very) hard work starts now.

In some ways I'm not surprised, when we found players like Bassong for half a million, it would make sense to look for similar types of player. I think reading it back it's sending a message to clubs we intend to buy from that 'this is not the Newcastle of old.'

Think you're wrong there. I.e Gazza/Waddle/Pedro

Yep.

Guest neesy111

jeez, they've probably just made a number of ppl considering season tickets firmly in the NO section!

clever marketing eh

Because they are fucking idiots.

At least by the sounds of it we won't be hearing from them again for a while.

jeez, they've probably just made a number of ppl considering season tickets firmly in the NO section!

clever marketing eh

Even if it isn't meant how it comes across they are proving once again how fucking incompetent they are.

How the fuck did this bloke make billions?

Guest Stephen927

By telling other clubs we are not spending, it will hopefully mean we are not held to ransom in the market.

So the Board ie. Mike and Lambias will not be talking to anyone other than via press releases.  So does that mean we won't be seeing any of those anonymous sources giving stories to the News of the World anymore.

Guest elbee909

Why have we been reported to be looking at players then?  Was that all bollocks?

To me the quote of "Their is no plan for a capital outlay of players" does not neccisarly mean that their is no funds for player available, it to me could mean that they are not putting a figure on how much they will spend on players, they will be willing to pay whatever they feel is a reasonable amount on each player or how ever much it will cost to get Chris' targets in, thus not limiting themselves to a budget.

Guest Stephen927

By telling other clubs we are not spending, it will hopefully mean we are not held to ransom in the market.

Fucks sake I can't believe that.

Guest BooBoo

Not really an enticing prospect to think we are actively aiming to be a glorified feeder club. Get in the likes of Bassong for pennies and then sell them on to an ambitious club a few years later.

To me the quote of "Their is no plan for a capital outlay of players" does not neccisarly mean that their is no funds for player available, it to me could mean that they are not putting a figure on how much they will spend on players, they will be willing to pay whatever they feel is a reasonable amount on each player or how ever much it will cost to get Chris' targets in, thus not limiting themselves to a budget.

No capital outlay means just that. We will have to sell to buy. As has been mentioned they are hoping for a good World Cup by wor spider man

They were better off saying nothing tbh.

Not really surprising there's little/no cash to spend given the state of the finances at the club. Coloccini and Jonas will be very much in the shop window this summer. :hmm:

Guest n4e

Classic.

Guest fraser

Where are Ozzie and Mick to bring some clarity to this statement?

Where is NE5 to say that he told everybody so, which he did?

Not really an enticing prospect to think we are actively aiming to be a glorified feeder club. Get in the likes of Bassong for pennies and then sell them on to an ambitious club a few years later.

We're pretty much Wigan Athletic now. We'll have the 8-0 and 9-0 defeats to go with it next season.