Club statement

Magpie

CaulkinTheTimes    For those asking whether no "new" outlay means there might be something in the pot ... #Nufc say their £20m overdraft is "fully committed."

does 'fully comitted ' mean already used or already spoken for ?

still baffled by no new capital spending line, does that mean no capital spending on players at all or no new plans above what is budgeted for already

Considering the rest of the statement, as in how precise and going over things several times, this being left open to interpretation was intentional imo, god knows why.

keep prices low perhaps? very odd the key line is ambiguous

Is the only thing we can take from this, that were going to look for bargains and scour the free transfer market while at the same time offload some expensive crap and bring in cheaper replacements. A good idea all round but I think we need investment to be able to move players around and build up a squad. What I really don't get is why they thought they needed to release a statement and what were they trying to achieve? It seems to me that they wanted to clear something up, what that was was lost on me and has just got everyone asking questions were they were none before.

Crackers.  :idiot2:

It pretty much says we are putting the club on a sound finacial position, they will not get involved into footballing matter, lets Chris do the job, give him support and shut up.

Good news in my view.

They key word says plan, which to me means they don't have an exact figure in mind and will spend what they feel is needed, not that they won't spend.

Thats the way I read it too

Many are panicking way too soon.

All will be well....;)

My feelings exactly.

Thanks, atleast some people agree with me.

It pretty much says we are putting the club on a sound finacial position, they will not get involved into footballing matter, lets Chris do the job, give him support and shut up.

Good news in my view.

They key word says plan, which to me means they don't have an exact figure in mind and will spend what they feel is needed, not that they won't spend.

All will be well....;)

i didn't read it that way at first but it could be on re-reading it.

Promote from within where possible

Sounds like the public sector.

But the important thing is who decides when and where it is and isn't possible? Would the board ever step in to tell the manager that they have to play a youth player?

CaulkinTheTimes    For those asking whether no "new" outlay means there might be something in the pot ... #Nufc say their £20m overdraft is "fully committed."

I suspect it means that we have a plan to pay it back.

Guest toonlass

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

And Stifler

:crazy2:

But the important thing is who decides when and where it is and isn't possible? Would the board ever step in to tell the manager that they have to play a youth player?

Depends on the manager.............................

Don't really know what to make of that statment. I guess we still have to wait till the transfer window is over to rate the whole situation and to make predictions on next season.

Guest neesy111

using the clubs money to pay back his stupid mistakes, i hope the fan's see it this way and tell him where to stick his money

Good news in my view.

All will be well....;)

Thanks Madras  :thup:

its got to be both ways, pointless the manager saying hes not in full control cos the board wont buy messi.

using the clubs money to pay back his stupid mistakes, i hope the fan's see it this way and tell him where to stick his money

I hope the fans turn up and fill the stadium every week & back the players who are here, in the hope of staying up, proving everyone wrong and that the club gets back on its feet ASAP.

Guest elbee909

"The Board will not make any comment to the media regarding any players that they are seeking to purchase."

One could assume this line would be completely pointless if buying new players had been ruled out completely, which we can only hope it hasn't.

f***s sake people :lol:

I could go on and post a picture of a storm in a cup, a doctor hitting a patient on his knee and so on. I won't.

READ what Stifler has written in here. That's all.

No offence to Stifler but.... sorry I can't finish that without offending him.

As said, the statement is just f***ing stupid. It's obvious it will be taken negatively so why even bother releasing it.

There is no way you can dress this up to look good.

I somewhat agree. The statement doesn't really say anything other then that they support Chris, and takes a swipe at the media. There is, however, nowhere in that statement that says there won't be any money for transfers this summer, and rightly so. That seems to be the issue with most here, as they were looking for "will be spending money on players" and " £XXm will be made available to Chris in the summer". That isn't very clever to do though, is it? Other then appeasing the fans for a few weeks.

Good news in my view.

All will be well....;)

Thanks Madras  :thup:

i have said previously aswell that i didn't necessarily see it as 'no spending' but no new debt.

Guest neesy111

I hope the fans turn up and fill the stadium every week & back the players who are here, in the hope of staying up, proving everyone wrong and that the club gets back on its feet ASAP.

this club will never ever be successfull or get back on track with this fat buffon in charge

Guest elbee909

this club will never ever be successfull or get back on track with this fat buffon in charge

OMG WHEN DID WE SIGN BUFFON?!

I could go on and post a picture of a storm in a cup, a doctor hitting a patient on his knee and so on. I won't.

As said, the statement is just f***ing stupid. It's obvious it will be taken negatively so why even bother releasing it.

I somewhat agree. The statement doesn't really say anything other then that they support Chris, and takes a swipe at the media. There is, however, nowhere in that statement that says there won't be any money for transfers this summer, and rightly so. That seems to be the issue with most here, as they were looking for "will be spending money on players" and " £XXm will be made available to Chris in the summer". That isn't very clever to do though, is it? Other then appeasing the fans for a few weeks.

Eh? How do you work that out?

The alternative of course was a full summer of being linked with players then getting to September wondering why we've spent little/nothing. At least we know from the off what the state of play is.

It certainly won't with no supporters. 

Why mention it at all, the way they have worded is either very badly or something they shouldn't be confirming if they want happy fans buying season tickets.