Arsenal vs Newcastle - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Martins, for the first time that i've seen him (other than the Levadia game) looked like a frigging cracking player. So dangerous - frightening pace - held the ball up well - lovely turns and touches. Just unfortunate he never got a chance infront of goal, but then nobody did. Dyer and him look to have a partnership there.

:thup:

Dyer was immense and Martins looked the best he's looked since he came here.

Fantastic result, but yet another rubbish performance from the manager. All subsitutions in the last 15 minutes. Idiotic.

Are you fucking joking?! Roeder got it spot on. We came here and got what we most of us would have been delighted to get. If we're playing well up until the 70th minute, why would you want to change it? Sibierski only came on when Moore had the injury and Duff was really tiring by the end of it. I don't understand why you would want Roeder to change things around when we're 1-0 up and Arsenal are not exactly all over us..

Guest Moe-Ali

Call me crazy but I'm dissapointed with that. When you lead until the 70th minute, it's hard to be happy with a draw, no matter who the opposition is.

FUCKING RIGHT!

And the reason we did alright is, we almost imitated arsenal, we played triangles not punt and pray

I'm pretty satisfied with that, a win would have been great, but a draw and a credible performance, will do me.

Despite being under the cosh for most of the game, we didn't crumble under the pressure and normally we would have.

First-half diagnosis?

Did what was needed

Second-half diagnosis?

Almost did what was needed

Full-time diagnosis?

Slightly disapointed but would have taken it at 3:00pm

Star man for United?

Given but a special mention for Martins

Worst United player?

Taylor (if it was a blatant foul which it looked to me), Ramage also crap but way out of position

Opposition comment?

typical arsenal at the moment

Toon-pros?

Solano and Martins linking up well, Dyer and Given fit and looking great

Toon-cons?

Taylor and Ramage

Guest Alan Shearer 9

giving up a goal on a freekick is very disappointing.

I'd like to have seen anyone in the world stop it, class goal.

Fantastic result, but yet another rubbish performance from the manager. All subsitutions in the last 15 minutes. Idiotic.

Are you fucking joking?! Roeder got it spot on. We came here and got what we most of us would have been delighted to get. If we're playing well up until the 70th minute, why would you want to change it? Sibierski only came on when Moore had the injury and Duff was really tiring by the end of it. I don't understand why you would want Roeder to change things around when we're 1-0 up and Arsenal are not exactly all over us..

YG is osbsessed with Roeder subs and no matter what he does or what the result they are always shit.

Guest redmayne

not interested

i dont want roeder here and would've rather we got beat 5-0 to get rid of him

i want us top of the league not scratching out of relegation - its not even a strong leauge this year to get in CL spots..

We rode our luck, but a goodish performance against what is after all one of the best club sides in the world. A very BIG POINT that should be a great boost.

Dyer MOM for us by a mile. Oba still doesn't do enough and seems to jog around instead of pressuring the zone the ball is in, could learn from watching Henry's selfless running back into mf when they don't have the ball. Dissapointed he miscontrolled clean through and the ball bobbled to the keeper.

Taylor has his eyes on Hollywood by the looks of things.

Tactical Blunder of the day: Bringing Zog on way too late.

Are you ****ing joking?! Roeder got it spot on. We came here and got what we most of us would have been delighted to get. If we're playing well up until the 70th minute, why would you want to change it? Sibierski only came on when Moore had the injury and Duff was really tiring by the end of it. I don't understand why you would want Roeder to change things around when we're 1-0 up and Arsenal are not exactly all over us..

YG is osbsessed with Roeder subs and no matter what he does or what the result they are always shit.

My opinions onm his subs are questionable today, but i think Milenr should have come on around the 55-60 minute mark. There was a point there where we actually had a bit more possession and were linking the play well and getting forward quite frequently - the one weak link being Nobby, who kept giving the ball away, and was poor up until he went off. We were lacking something at that point, and i think a subsitution then would have drove us on a bit more.

didnt like the peformence that much,i think we were far too lucky to get away with a draw,i mean a 9 man defensve wall had to work,and thank you very much for Adebayor,a horrible display that reminded me of heskeys display vs us in the wigan game (we won!)

on a postive note,dyer,martins,given,bramble,all fantastic

and i still think roeder is doing exactly wat souness was doing last season (win 1,lose 4),and keep ur job for as long as possible

overall,more then happy with a draw,wouldve loved a win though,can i say that we are "drawing" or way out of the relegation zone? :)