Arsenal vs Newcastle - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Guest Moe-Ali

Its not just a goal on a freekick, look past that.

Its knowing not to foul Arsenal just outside the penalty area, with the best free-kick taker in the world.

I knew he would have put it in.

Common fucking sense.

Guest SmileyCulture

Roeder should have subbed Solano for Milner much earlier imo, solano came out in the second half looking sketchy and he just went down hill from there - as soon as Milner came on he looked great and we looked all the stronger down the wing for it.

The other 2 subs made in the last 10 minutes were fairly pointless and had little effect on the game - again no Rossi, who i beleive could have made a huge difference if he'd come on for Martins when Martins started getting quiet in the last 25 mins.

Overall though a good result from a hard club away from home!

good performance, good result to match. Hopefully Babayaro will get fit soon so we have some balance at left back

Aye, and drop Bramble for Ramage. :wink:

Did you watch the game today?

As much as i hate to say it Bramble was outstanding.

Dyer and Martins were also outstanding.

Fantastic result, but yet another rubbish performance from the manager. All subsitutions in the last 15 minutes. Idiotic.

Are you ****ing joking?! Roeder got it spot on. We came here and got what we most of us would have been delighted to get. If we're playing well up until the 70th minute, why would you want to change it? Sibierski only came on when Moore had the injury and Duff was really tiring by the end of it. I don't understand why you would want Roeder to change things around when we're 1-0 up and Arsenal are not exactly all over us..

YG is osbsessed with Roeder subs and no matter what he does or what the result they are always shit.

My opinions onm his subs are questionable today, but i think Milenr should have come on around the 55-60 minute mark. There was a point there where we actually had a bit more possession and were linking the play well and getting forward quite frequently - the one weak link being Nobby, who kept giving the ball away, and was poor up until he went off. We were lacking something at that point, and i think a subsitution then would have drove us on a bit more.

You are probably right about Milner tbf.

Meh, not too happy with that result even if we did draw, away, to a much stronger Arsenal side.

<i>Positives</i>;

- DYER! Pleeeeeeease stay fit for more than 2 games in a row. This guy is just immense.

- Oba. Played well.

- Shay. World class. Kept us in it, again.

- No Carr!

- Arsenal showed they're still a 1 man team.

<i>Negatives</i>;

- I'd have loved to have seen how much we could have built on that under a better manager. I reckon this is the best we can get out of Roeder, and that's sad.

- 6 yellows. I think. Couple were harsh (especially Shay getting booked for timewasting), couple weren't - Zoggy's one was funny.

- They were all over us to be fair when Henry came on.

- More defensive lapses, though nowhere near as costly as usual. Probably because Carr wasn't playing.

Ah well. We're out of the relegation zone now I think. The mere fact I'm supposed to see that as progress is depressing and a sign of the times. We're useless.

good performance, good result to match. Hopefully Babayaro will get fit soon so we have some balance at left back

Another one who hasn't read the rules, Bramble and Ameobi CANNOT have good games, they may appear to have had a good one but really they were shit and with a pub team footballer on the pitch instead we would have done better!

This gives us a good foundation aswell, a good result on Thursday and we can really kick-start our season i reckon. I've said that once or twice, but we haven't got a difficult fixture list coming up. Portsmouth, Reading, Blackburn and Watford all coming up in the next five games, we really should be looking to pick 9 or 10 points up, at the very least.

Another one who hasn't read the rules, Bramble and Ameobi CANNOT have good games, they may appear to have had a good one but really they were shit and with a pub team footballer on the pitch instead we would have done better!

Ahh ok yea when i think about it he was a bit shit. :)

:roll:

I was joking to wind AS9 up, because i know he hates Ramage.

we haven't got a difficult fixture list coming up. Portsmouth, Reading, Blackburn and Watford all coming up in the next five games, we really should be looking to pick 9 or 10 points up, at the very least.

I would have said that about Sheffield United, Boro, Man City, Charlton etc. Didn't get much out of them now did we?

We could of won apparently. The guy on BBC said we had a decent appeal for a Penalty and Fabregas should of been sent off.

If the games was played at St James' Fabregas would have been sent off IMO.

Can't remember the penalty situation though

very happy with the point, gets us out of the bottom3. Now onwards from here, hope we can get a run going, and pick up some more points in the next couple of weeks. Then we should be off and runing

hopefully

we haven't got a difficult fixture list coming up. Portsmouth, Reading, Blackburn and Watford all coming up in the next five games, we really should be looking to pick 9 or 10 points up, at the very least.

I would have said that about Sheffield United, Boro, Man City, Charlton etc. Didn't get much out of them now did we?

Quote the whole post.

This gives us a good foundation aswell, a good result on Thursday and we can really kick-start our season i reckon. I've said that once or twice, but we haven't got a difficult fixture list coming up. Portsmouth, Reading, Blackburn and Watford all coming up in the next five games, we really should be looking to pick 9 or 10 points up, at the very least.

Quote the whole post.

Wasn't it a similar situation where we went into them sort of games after decent European performances?

Not saying I disagree with the sentiment but I don't much trust what you say will happen.

11 points away from 6th. We have to start looking up now. Last season, at one point, I think we were 14(?) away and we made it, we have to do the same this year. Howay the lads. I'm trying not to get carried away here but if Dyer can stay healthy, we'll be moving up the table no doubt. Two tough away games (look at Man City's home record) and we've gotten 2 points out of it = good enough.

Quote the whole post.

Wasn't it a similar situation where we went into them sort of games after decent European performances?

Not saying I disagree with the sentiment but I don't much trust what you say will happen.

I'm just showing some optimism. Not saying it will or it won't. It should really, but past experiences have told us not to be so sure; i'm still confident. As ever!