David Ginola

LooneyToonArmy

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not sure whether the thread title should be that one source that has the most serious news, rather than the multiple other sources that suggest he's not in a coma...:undecided:

I hope this is bullshit and the tweet was true, he's one of the best player we've had at Newcastle and scored one of the best goals St James' will have ever seen against Ferencvaros.

There's a bit of a difference between a touch of heat stroke and a coma like. Wtf is going on here?

Really hope he is ok. I loved Ginola and his time playing for us. Like Mick says, his goal against Ferencvaros was sublime and it was a standout moment in my time as a Newcastle fan. He was pure class.

There's a bit of a difference between a touch of heat stroke and a coma like. Wtf is going on here?

Really hope he is ok. I loved Ginola and his time playing for us. Like Mick says, his goal against Ferencvaros was sublime and it was a standout moment in my time as a Newcastle fan. He was pure class.

Great one against MU too and a few others, hope to fuck he's fine.

I hope this is bullshit and the tweet was true, he's one of the best player we've had at Newcastle and scored one of the best goals St James' will have ever seen against Ferencvaros.

I'm hoping so too. He's always looked great whenever I've seen him on tv.

Guest firetotheworks

His goals against Sheff Wed, Liverpool, and Man United are still a big part of huge, era-defining moments for me in terms of watching Newcastle growing up. That's pretty good going like, considering he only scored 7 goals for us. He was an absolute superstar in those first 6 months and the epitome of a big-match player, as a lot of them were.

His goals against Sheff Wed, Liverpool, and Man United are still a big part of huge, era-defining moments for me in terms of watching Newcastle growing up. That's pretty good going like, considering he only scored 7 goals for us. He was an absolute superstar in those first 6 months and the epitome of a big-match player, as a lot of them were.

Lee Dixon kicked lumps out of him when we played at Highbury and he wasn't the same player for us after that, he was still good but he didn't do it as often.

Guest firetotheworks
:thup: Remember watching it at the time and being absolutely furious with the ref in that match. I met someone years later whose family was friends with Lee Dixon. I told her to tell him that I hated him for the whole Ginola thing.

I'm 25 so was just starting playing 5 year old football when he was around, always wanted to play like him. Still think there's a chance I'll be a late undiscovered talent.

One of those ones where it's not just an 'ah that's a shame, hope he's ok', but a genuine bit of sadness and concern.

Lee Dixon kicked lumps out of him when we played at Highbury and he wasn't the same player for us after that, he was still good but he didn't do it as often.

And Winterburn.  Wasn't Winterburn already booked, fouled Ginola, started walking off then realised the ref (arsehole that game, forget who it was, as bad a reffing display as I've ever seen) wasn't making him walk, it was after that Dixon went to town on Ginola, kicks , elbows the works.

Remember when he absolutely destroyed Neil Cox when we played Middlebrough. Cox looked at their bench for help with his arms out and was taken off shortly afterwards :smitten:

Was that not at Bolton, his 2nd or 3rd game for us ?

Guest antz1uk

Was boro, he absolutely tore him inside out, I was actually cringing for the lad, only time I've ever seen a footballer completely destroyed

Guest reefatoon

Yeah, it was against Boro. Never seen a player tortured as much as Cox was that night. You knew Ginola was going to be a bit special after about 4 minutes into his debut against Coventry, when he just breezed past a couple of players and put a shot just wide. Hope to f*** he is ok. One of the most skilfull players i have had the privilege to watch.