Three years under Mike Ashley today.

Parky

On 23 May 2007, in a surprise move, Ashley bought Sir John Hall's 41.6% stake in Newcastle United at one pound per share, for a total cost of £55,342,223[17]  via his company St James Holdings Ltd. Under the terms of UK takeover law, having purchased more than 30% of a listed company, he was obliged to make an offer to buy the remaining shares at the same or a greater price.[17]  On 31 May it was reported that the Newcastle board were considering Ashley's offer.[18]  On 7 June 2007 it was confirmed that chairman Freddy Shepherd had agreed to sell his 28% share to Ashley, which left Ashley free to take control of the club."

Your thoughts gentlemen?  :razz:

Guest BooBoo

Well, one thing I've learnt is to never get my hopes up for anything ever again.

Very true. It still sickens me to think of all the PL clubs that we're taken over, we had the biggest fall from grace.

Guest BooBoo

I remember that 3-1 win at Bolton in the opening day of the season and thinking we're gonna finish top 6. :(

First game of Ashley era, first game of Fat Sam era, Smith, Geremi and Rozenthal all looking good. What a fucking false dawn and a half that was. Great day out though, love those early season games when it's red hot and the beers flowing.

I remember that 3-1 win at Bolton in the opening day of the season and thinking we're gonna finish top 6.  :( 

First game of Ashley era, first era of Fat Sam era, Smith, Geremi and Rozenthal all looking good. What a fucking false dawn and a half that was. Great day out though, love those early season games when it's red hot and the beers flowing.

Remember it well, great day out.

Guest palnese

I remember that 3-1 win at Bolton in the opening day of the season and thinking we're gonna finish top 6.  :( 

I remember the opening day of our relegation season.

1-1 at Old Trafford.

Jonas was World class.

Colo looked rock solid.

Keegan  :smitten:

How the mighty have fallen.

Guest thefishman

Ita like pulling a cracking bird with huge chebs and a perfect arse, only to discover later that she has indeed a huge cock and balls!

Guest gggg

3 more of the same and I'll be chuffed.

Why not make it even better and go down to league one.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

It begs the question would you not rather have an owner who will run up big debts with the bank but at least look to buy top class players?

It begs the question would you not rather have an owner who will run up big debts with the bank but at least look to buy top class players?

Fair to say, that the financial environment has definitely changed, but it is also fair to say he has made a string of poor descisions. Came in with his eyes closed, I'm sure they're wide open now. If we can add to the squad and the fact that the player wages are back under control it seems, we might come out the other side healthier than we went in. Time will tell.

On 23 May 2007, in a surprise move, Ashley bought Sir John Hall's 41.6% stake in Newcastle United at one pound per share, for a total cost of £55,342,223[17]  via his company St James Holdings Ltd. Under the terms of UK takeover law, having purchased more than 30% of a listed company, he was obliged to make an offer to buy the remaining shares at the same or a greater price.[17]  On 31 May it was reported that the Newcastle board were considering Ashley's offer.[18]  On 7 June 2007 it was confirmed that chairman Freddy Shepherd had agreed to sell his 28% share to Ashley, which left Ashley free to take control of the club."

Your thoughts gentlemen?  :razz:

How long have you been waiting to start this thread?? :) 3 years?