Three years under Mike Ashley today.

Parky

Guest BooBoo

He was a prat who thought that just because Ashley failed, that it automatically made Shepherd a great chairman. The reality was that both were poor owners and Shepherds silly reckless spending on trophy status building signings was just as stupid as the collosal mistakes of Fat Ash.

He was a prat who thought that just because Ashley failed, that it automatically made Shepherd a great chairman. The reality was that both were poor owners and Shepherds silly reckless spending on trophy status building signings was just as stupid as the collosal mistakes of Fat Ash.

:thup:

The epic fuck up was started with dougie and freddy, this fuck up was then flogged to ashley who continued the epic fuck up.

When i rummage through my underpants drawer for a pair of kegs to wear i get a shiver down my spine, how the hell was freddy going to turn the club around financially???

Our fate was sealed the moment freddy spunked all our dosh on Owen, we had no room for movement.

Guest BooBoo

In hindsight the signing of Owen was a criminally reckless last act of a desperate man. Shepherd knew he'd made an almighty blunder appointing Souness and gambled the clubs future on spending a ludicrous amount on the little turd in a bid to make things alright again. Kudos to those who at the time saw through the headline grabbing signing and called it what it was- a collosal mistake and one that Shepherd will always be accountable for. We can never forget  just because Ashley is a clown, that Shepherd was an almighty fool in his own right.

Guest palnese

Just read on a another board that there is rumours about some Russian billionare who is interested in buying us.

With every post in this thread my admiration for NE5 goes up a little.

By god he could bring a forum down on its knees, crying for mecry, but he was right, and was the only one.

Yes he had a fantastic plan. Buy lots of very good players. Whooah..genius...why did no one else think of that?

Under Ashley we've got not much to look forward to other than survival and watching a team lacking prima donnas. If we can survive a couple of years of belt-tightening maybe we'll be in a better position to challenge the top 7-8 teams. So many clubs are spending beyond their means there might be more Portsmouths and Hulls in the coming years, then those teams who have built solid foundations can capitalise. In theory.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The ironic thing is us being stuck with Mike Ashley might actually have put us in good steed with the new Finances Rules coming into play in a few seasons. As he's basically doing all that now.

The ironic thing is us being stuck with Mike Ashley might actually have put us in good steed with the new Finances Rules coming into play in a few seasons. As he's basically doing all that now.

getting the right thing done in utterly the wrong way

One plus side, is that we've seen the back of Owen and all the other .  I'm sure he would have been still raking it in if we hadn't have been relegated.

Smith, Barton, Nolan, Colo & Jonas will all be high earners

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

getting the right thing done in utterly the wrong way

So many mistakes, so much pain and misery.

Which all could have been avoided.

One plus side, is that we've seen the back of Owen and all the other high earners.  I'm sure he would have been still raking it in if we hadn't have been relegated.

Pretty sure we offered him a new contract in Jan 09. We tried to keep him on the big bucks.

I think it is sinking in that football clubs are the trickiest little blighters to run. Just so many variables.

Yup.

I remember the genuine excitement at the time.

Only from dullards like you who didn't know ambition when it was staring you in the face.

Ah fuck. :facepalm: