Places to watch the World Cup

Heron

Moving to Manchester on the 30th

hope you bought an umbrella...you can sell off your sunglasses on ebay too.

Common myth.

Annual rainfall and number of days it rains a year in Manchester are both lower than the national average.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Moving to Manchester on the 30th

hope you bought an umbrella...you can sell off your sunglasses on ebay too.

Common myth.

Annual rainfall and number of days it rains a year in Manchester are both lower than the national average.

The three times I've been to Manchester its been raining, but not real rain, like a heavy mist masquerading as rain.

The O2 might be canny like. i thought Sam Jacks could be an option but as it's on a Saturday night I figured it will be full of Charva mongs. Players is another with a massive screen, but again the charva eliment might be rife. Last World Cup we went to Centre for Life (we were 16) and throughly enjoyed it. However, we were probably seen as the pissed charvas (even though we weren't charvas).

i remember watching one of the games last time in mood of all places, on a saturday afternoon wearing full england kit  ;D

i think i saw a few in the dog and parrot too, but that was back when you could still smoke in the pub

I watched one of the group game at the Centre for Life last time around and it was decent, only downside was how long to took to get a beer so we ended up buying 4 each or whatever.

I ended up getting lashed on the terrace at The Telegraph after the game and getting sunstroke! :lol:

I watched one of the group game at the Centre for Life last time around and it was decent, only downside was how long to took to get a beer so we ended up buying 4 each or whatever.

I ended up getting lashed on the terrace at The Telegraph after the game and getting sunstroke! :lol:

Do they put on a special bar or do you just have to go to them bars that are already there?

now there's a mental picture.

Do they put on a special bar or do you just have to go to them bars that are already there?

There were beer tents outside last time aye.

I shall be watching the majority of the World cup from the comfot of my sofa. I'm a bit of a miserable fucker when it comes to watching football. I prefer to watch the matches in peace and quiet without all the drunken antics going on. I might venture to the pub or a friends party if we get to the latter stages. Plus I'm on a drinking ban at the minute which can only be postponed in the instance of an English appearance in the final.

Don't think any of you all will be in Orlando for the WC but if you know anyone who is, send them over to the Cricketer's Arms Pub by International Drive or if they want to go to a local pub then The Harp & Celt in Downtown Orlando.  Definitely the Cricketer's Arms though for the England/US match.

(this goes for you too Kanji86!)

i remember watching one of the games last time in mood of all places, on a saturday afternoon wearing full england kit  ;D

i think i saw a few in the dog and parrot too, but that was back when you could still smoke in the pub

Same.  ;D Kicked up a massive fuss when I heard everyone was going there as I can't stand the place then ended up having a cracking time, was a much better atmosphere than I expected.

This time round probably watch a lot of games at home or round mates' places as I can't really afford to go out.

Any of the New Yorkers in the board that can recommend me a pub to watch the USA - England game that is *not* Nevada Smiths? That place is going to be unbearably crowded and I want to take some American friends that are not football fans to a good pub experience. I mostly go to Spanish places to watch football so I really don't know many.

Guest palnese

If England reach the final, me and some mates are coming over, just to get a taste of the atmosphere, as we never will experience something like that in Norway. Tbf, I think most Norwegians hope England will win it.

Here in Sydney we have this FIFA Fan Fest in Darling Harbour so I'll head down to that. Gives me a place to take my cousin when he comes from Korea on the 30st, not that either of our teams will be  in the WC by then  :sadnod:.

http://www.sydneyfifafanfest.com.au/images/homepage-hero/hero1.jpg

Same.  ;D Kicked up a massive fuss when I heard everyone was going there as I can't stand the place then ended up having a cracking time, was a much better atmosphere than I expected.

This time round probably watch a lot of games at home or round mates' places as I can't really afford to go out.

yeah, it was a good laugh actually, we ended up drinking pitchers of snakebite and got totally bladdered.

i ended up at krash that night, surprised i actually got let in i was that hammered, i still to this day can't find the england shirt i wore that day  ;D

Centre for Life was full of cocks, fight broke out in front of me 20 minutes in and then again at fulltime, people getting glassed, full on racist abuse to a black bloke minding his own business. Plenty pissed up charvas out for bother. Police not interested in anything other than lasses with hot pants.

First and last time I'll be there.