Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seems a bit pre-season friendly this. Neither team offering much, no atmosphere, not much action.

somethings gonna have to be done about the atmosphere, keep the vuvuzelas for the SA games but they should be banned for the rest.  You can't hear any roar of the crowd, the shouting when a foul is called, you can't hear any chants from the fans. Its awful!

I can stand the sound for the month, but you're completely right. For both goals today there was no reaction, just a continuous drone of horns.

Seems a bit pre-season friendly this. Neither team offering much, no atmosphere, not much action.

somethings gonna have to be done about the atmosphere, keep the vuvuzelas for the SA games but they should be banned for the rest.  You can't hear any roar of the crowd, the shouting when a foul is called, you can't hear any chants from the fans. Its awful!

They're not the issue. The stadium is bereft of French or Uruguayan people to make the noise. Aside from a few teams most teams will have fuck all fans there. Shame really. Luckily it shouldn't be so bad for England games.

It's ridiculous that at World Cup Finals games there are empty seats. A combination of market conditions, expensive tickets/flights/hotels, and a country that a lot of people just aren't sure about have led to fewer fans making the trips than normal. Normally I would say they should knock out the tickets cheap to the locals but that would mean more of those bloody horns so they can get fucked.

This is the worst World Cup ever. :thup:

Not at all LLLO, just something I think is a shame tbh. The mental & difference in ways foreign fans support their teams is one of the reasons I enjoy the World Cup. As Col says Sth Africa is a ballache to get from, it is from here nevermind from somewhere like Uruguay + the scare stories put ppl off. Usually Korea have a huge following but I read there'll only be few hundred of them. Is the World Cup not supposed to be for the fans?

Even if the horns were not there, there would be no atmosphere anyway, would be able to hear a pin drop.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://i.imgur.com/KsVJ7.gif

You do realise this has become an internet meme within an hour.

Not a lot of quality being demonstrated by Group A.  The question now is whether I am prepared to get up at 6am tomorrow to watch an Otto Rehhagel side play South Korea. 

Got 5-4 written all over it if you stay in bed.

Not at all LLLO, just something I think is a shame tbh. The mental & difference in ways foreign fans support their teams is one of the reasons I enjoy the World Cup. As Col says Sth Africa is a ballache to get from, it is from here nevermind from somewhere like Uruguay + the scare stories put ppl off. Usually Korea have a huge following but I read there'll only be few hundred of them. Is the World Cup not supposed to be for the fans?

I wasn't being entirely serious.

How was the first game?

alright - tempo wasnt too quick and as expected people were scared to make mistakes. mexico had lots of nice little tricks and flashes of skill but as usual did fuck all with the ball. south africa were very direct, using long passes to hit them on the counter, in fact their awesome goal came about that way.