Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ghana are not a particularly good team.

They're really good until they get into the final third of the field.

They've no quality whatsoever in and around the box though.

Can't believe that one of Uruguay, South Korea, Ghana and the USA are going to be in the semi-final of the World Cup.

Ghana are not a particularly good team.

They're really good until they get into the final third of the field.

They've no quality whatsoever in and around the box though.

Can't believe that one of Uruguay, South Korea, Ghana and the USA are going to be in the semi-final of the World Cup.

I dunno like, the other 3 will no doubt be biggies. I'll continue to back Uruguay as long as Forlan's on his game.

It was sadly predictable that USA would finally score, fucking go for the second goal man!!!! So now we might get Uruguay vs Skorea, USA vs Ghana and Paraguay vs Denmark in the 2nd round, whilst England play Germany, Spain play Portugal and Holland play Italy. Madness! And I don't get this "well we have to beat the big teams sometime"......I'd rather get to the semis by beating rubbish (like 1990) than go out in the 2nd round against a big team (1998).

England and Germany will both feel very confident about beating the other this time because both teams are their weakest in years. I can't wait though. Fate will give us England vs Maradona's Argentina in the QF, although I'm at a wedding that day  :rant:

But as for todays match, the atmosphere sounded incredible and by playing Milner and Defoe, Capello proved once again that he is one of the best around. He didn't cave in with Gerrard off Rooney, he picked what he felt was right and the performance was very good. But obviously they'll live to regret not getting a second goal.

It was sadly predictable that USA would finally score, fucking go for the second goal man!!!! So now we might get Uruguay vs Skorea, USA vs Ghana and Paraguay vs Denmark in the 2nd round, whilst England play Germany, Spain play Portugal and Holland play Italy. Madness! And I don't get this "well we have to beat the big teams sometime"......I'd rather get to the semis by beating rubbish (like 1990) than go out in the 2nd round against a big team (1998).

England and Germany will both feel very confident about beating the other this time because both teams are their weakest in years. I can't wait though. Fate will give us England vs Maradona's Argentina in the QF, although I'm at a wedding that day  :rant:

But as for todays match, the atmosphere sounded incredible and by playing Milner and Defoe, Capello proved once again that he is one of the best around. He didn't cave in with Gerrard off Rooney, he picked what he felt was right and the performance was very good. But obviously they'll live to regret not getting a second goal.

"Big teams" at the WC is bull. It's a short tourney once every four years, and if the "lesser known" teams outpreform the "big" teams and get a better playoff route, it's because they've (in most cases) earnt it. Which in my eyes makes them the "bigger" teams at this particular WC tournament. Obviously not as fun to watch as "major" nations, but they're the ones that's done the best so far, so give them some credit, they've earnt their "easy" route.

Guest Phil K

Can i just say James showed a how to catch a Jabulani masterclass today, was very solid.

He was. And I will say Milner had a decent game, which pleasantly surprised me.

Can i just say James showed a how to catch a Jabulani masterclass today, was very solid.

He was. And I will say Milner had a decent game, which pleasantly surprised me.

Proved me wrong too. First 10-15 mins I thought "here we go, 3 or 4 completely failed crosses/attempts at getting past his man", and then all of a sudden, he produced a very good display. 3  marvellous crosses in a row iirc.

"Big teams" at the WC is bull. It's a short tourney once every four years, and if the "lesser known" teams outpreform the "big" teams and get a better playoff route, it's because they've (in most cases) earnt it. Which in my eyes makes them the "bigger" teams at this particular WC tournament. Obviously not as fun to watch as "major" nations, but they're the ones that's done the best so far, so give them some credit, they've earnt their "easy" route.

I see what you're saying, but the major nations have such a reputation because they are the best in the world and are generally more difficult to beat. South Africa beat France yesterday, but in theory I know France are more capable of beating England. Maybe Ghana/Uruguay will end up being more difficult than Argentina/Germany, but I know who I'd rather face.

I see what you're saying, but the major nations have such a reputation because they are the best in the world and are generally more difficult to beat. South Africa beat France yesterday, but in theory I know France are more capable of beating England. Maybe Ghana/Uruguay will end up being more difficult than Argentina/Germany, but I know who I'd rather face.

Yeah, I get that. But they're still the "big teams" going by their WC 2010 performance, what I'm getting it at is just a pet hate of mine how people I've spoken to today are going on about how the "small" teams lucked out. I mean, lucked out? They've deservedly gone through, they've played themselves to the "easy" route.

Not aimed at you btw, you just reminded me of some heated arguments I've had today. :razz:

Btw, for anyone saying the Americans don't care about the sport, this link is for you. It may be true actually that footie is well down on the list of sports people care about here, but it's also undoubtedly true that the entire country is thoroughly engrossed with the World Cup. This was all taking place before noon, as early as 7 AM on the west coast, impressive to see the quantity of people out at incredibly packed bars (I know, I was part of the crowd in Nevada Smith's in one of those videos, it was insane):

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/23/across-the-u-s-an-explosion-of-joy/

Btw, for anyone saying the Americans don't care about the sport, this link is for you. It may be true actually that footie is well down on the list of sports people care about here, but it's also undoubtedly true that the entire country is thoroughly engrossed with the World Cup. This was all taking place before noon, as early as 7 AM on the west coast, impressive to see the quantity of people out at incredibly packed bars (I know, I was part of the crowd in Nevada Smith's in one of those videos, it was insane):

Those are quality  :snod: I wonder if this tournament will be a turning point for football over there. America doing well will do more than Beckham ever did. Isn't the World Cup great?  :smitten:

Those are quality  :snod: I wonder if this tournament will be a turning point for football over there. America doing well will do more than Beckham ever did. Isn't the World Cup great?  :smitten:

Wish they would've gotten my place, there was honestly like 20 of us, but still great.

My area really isn't soccer friendly, although we did have that indoor match in WC1994, but today it was constant on the radio, a lot of people at work talking to me about it, and it looks like every US jersey has sold out in America.

:smitten:

Last minute goals like that is just what football is all about. It's great that the Americans got to experience that, and experience it in a WC as well. There's nothing better than scoring a last minute goal to win the match.

Turning point? That came back in 1990.

We've got a long, loooong way to go still.

Guest thenorthumbrian

The group england were in was one of the easiest in the tournament, some people are getting excited becuase england have beaten a team from a country with a population about the size of Blyth.

Best part was the guy on the far right, he was the first one who knew it went in before it went in, lmao.

Great scenes at the bar to US winning... but I can't help be tinged with quite a lot of bitterness.

We've been substantially out performed by a country who have taken to the sport in the past 15 years.

If I wasn't so angry at our own performance and horrendous team selection and unwillingness to drop people I'd be a lot more inclined to give the credit that is due to the Americans