Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Heneage

Truly horrible day. I'm tracing my heritage just to find another team to support!

But in all seriousness, Denmark have only themselves to blame, starting Tomasson was embarrassing and showed total disrespectful to Japan, he should have gone with Larsen and started Eriksen, there's way too much reputation picking in the Danish national side, the only real talents are Agger and Kjaer at the back, Bendtner and Eriksen.

Italy on the other hand, I think just didn't get the calls. Slovak's were classless as well.

Truly horrible day. I'm tracing my heritage just to find another team to support!

But in all seriousness, Denmark have only themselves to blame, starting Tomasson was embarrassing and showed total disrespectful to Japan, he should have gone with Larsen and started Eriksen, there's way too much reputation picking in the Danish national side, the only real talents are Agger and Kjaer at the back, Bendtner and Eriksen.

Italy on the other hand, I think just didn't get the calls. Slovak's were classless as well.

Should Lovenkrands be featuring for Denmark?

Denmark's problem is really just age. They need to get through a new generation of young players for their senior International team before the next tournament or they're fucked for some time.

Guest Heneage

Who would you rather have Wullie, Tomasson or Lovenkrands?

Sadly Lovenkrands ruled himself out, I think because he didn't expect to get picked, which he wouldn't which is crazy when you consider he got nearl 20 goals for us all be it in the 2nd tier.

It's hard to hate Tomasson the man is now Denmarks top international scorer, but at his age, he just is totally past it, and tonight it's been almost comedic the way he's pissed a sitter, and scuffed a penalty.

Sadly Lovenkrands ruled himself out, I think because he didn't expect to get picked, which he wouldn't which is crazy when you consider he got nearl 20 goals for us all be it in the 2nd tier.

It's hard to hate Tomasson the man is now Denmarks top international scorer, but at his age, he just is totally past it, and tonight it's been almost comedic the way he's pissed a sitter, and scuffed a penalty.

Well quite, from what I've seen of them it's amazing he doesn't get a shout. He's no world beater but the competition look rubbish.

honda did so well then.

looks like a bloody good player.

been very good so far this world cup, if he's the same in domestic football, CSKA Moscow got a really good deal there.

Seems very arrogant, seems to think he's something better than the rest. Well, he is better than the rest out of his team.

honda did so well then.

been very good so far this world cup, if he's the same in domestic football, CSKA Moscow got a really good deal there.

Seems very arrogant, seems to think he's something better than the rest. Well, he is better than the rest out of his team.

I thought this until his unselfish assist. Great player.

honda did so well then.

Good point actually. If he was arrogant he might wouldn't have played there.

Very impressed with Japan today, they've really kicked on the last few years.

Was thinking that myself earlier. This second round could well see a new world order established with the progression of USA and Japan and old countries like France and Italy spinning out of the first round. Loving the volatility of this tournament...so unpredictable in many ways.

Very impressed with Japan today, they've really kicked on the last few years.

Was thinking that myself earlier. This second round could well see a new world order established with the progression of USA and Japan and old countries like France and Italy spinning out of the first round. Loving the volatility of this tournament...so unpredictable in many ways.

Hmm... I think the Italians will be back on form in the next Euros. If Lippi had called up some of the more on-form players this year (Miccoli, Cassano, Totti, etc.) instead of his old favourites, they wouldn't have been out at the group stage. Losing Cannavaro, great a player as he has been, will be a blessing in disguise too -- he simply can't play alongside Chiellini, from what I've seen of Juventus and Italy over the last 18 months; individually great defenders, but too similar to compliment one another.

Denmark  :angry:

f*** I feel tense now. Was willing to accept whatever happened against Uruguay since we've made the second round and anything beyond that is a bonus, but it's a rule of nature that we're not allowed to finish lower than the Japanese at a world cup so this raises the stakes again.

Clearly we need to just both make the semi-finals so we can settle this directly :lol:

Korea and Japan in a World Cup semis. That would just about break the universe.

honda did so well then.

And gave a free kick to another player after hitting the first.

Guest Heneage

Lippi is too stubborn for his own good. He refused to include Cassano many citing fights between Cassano and Lippi's son as for why he refused. The problem you have is really that by winning a World Cup it almost gives you a get out of jail free card, it lets you get away with things.

Totti was never to be picked, and rightly so.

A bit like Denmark though he picked name, not on form. Which is sad. Cannvaro retiring as Andy rightly says is a big thing, he was fantastic in 2006 and literally hit the peak right then, as he got more into his 30's it was only going to be a downward spiral. Mind you even Chiellini looked shakey today.

I'd have preferred to see a side like.

Amelia

Maggio   Gamberini Chiellini   Criscito.

De Rossi Montolivo

Cassano   Rossi Quagliarella

Pazzini

Miccoli just missing out as I like Rossi from deep.

Well quite, from what I've seen of them it's amazing he doesn't get a shout. He's no world beater but the competition look rubbish.

Exactly. His pace is troublesome, his runs are semi-intelligent, he's quite the upgrade, Rommedahl with a brain some would say.