Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I didn't think it was possible for me to hate Portugal, but my distain for Ronaldo has pretty much infected the entire side at this point. I don't know if those media pundits who claimed that a World Cup without Ronaldo would be "tragic" had actually watched Portugal during the qualifiers (they were dreadful), but now we all get to suffer through their games.

The basic plan is to play (or dive) for free kicks and penalties and hope that Ronaldo can win it for them. Hope Brazil bury the fuckers. No way they should go to second round.

Brazil will still hammer North Korea, but that's hardly the point. You want to see the best players performing against each other in a World Cup, not the best players taking the piss out of pub league players without breaking sweat.

Aside from England, Portugal vs Ivory Coast was one of my most anticipated games in the groups and by the sounds of it I didn't miss a thing. :undecided:

Brazil will still hammer North Korea, but that's hardly the point. You want to see the best players performing against each other in a World Cup, not the best players taking the piss out of pub league players without breaking sweat.

Aside from England, Portugal vs Ivory Coast was one of my most anticipated games in the groups and by the sounds of it I didn't miss a thing. :undecided:

It was way too cagey. Both teams clearly had Brazil on their mind and didn't want to lose the game knowing they would still have to play them.

It was way too cagey. Both teams clearly had Brazil on their mind and didn't want to lose the game knowing they would still have to play them.

Brazil will probably beat them both though, so what's the point? You'd expect everyone will beat North Korea and everyone will lose to Brazil, so this game should have been the second place play-off.

Guest MrSundlofer

I am also enjoying the World Cup. Over 1000 minutes of football so far and I'm looking forward to more. I think Chile will be interesting to see tomorrow with Marcel Bielsa and his 3-3-1-3 formation.

Guest Phil K

The football is as expected. The good stuff will start now after the first games, but those ******* vuvuzelas or whatever they're called....

But, a world cup is still the world cup with lashings of footie, which is always good. I'm almost to the point where I ignore those vuvuz.