Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who fvkin cares South Americans will cheat us all day long. Glad it happenned, shame the Ivory didn't crock a couple more.

Did you watch Italy earleir on?

Yeah but that's a given isn't it. They are master cheats, like it's an art. There's a kind of nobility about it. South Americans just cheat cos they know no better.

France? England? Germany? Portugal?...

We don't cheat, it's those bloody foreigners...

Who fvkin cares South Americans will cheat us all day long. Glad it happenned, shame the Ivory didn't crock a couple more.

Did you watch Italy earleir on?

Yeah but that's a given isn't it. They are master cheats, like it's an art. There's a kind of nobility about it. South Americans just cheat cos they know no better.

France? England? Germany? Portugal?...

Portugal cheat, but they are almost like the Brazilians in their cheat ethic. France, Germany and Eng cheat a lot less IMO. Eng had to learn to cheat remember, the initial lessons were given by Klinsmann when at Spurs.  :lol:

Football is full of cheats, one way or the other. We can't really single out one nation.

I will single out Arg and Brazil for cheating all day long. I can forgive the Italians cause they've turned it into a fascinating sub-art, soemthing to look out for as they druge out draws and one nils.

Guest BooBoo

Shame Adebayor is off the BBC team. He was quite a good pundit and I was in the minority seemingly who could understand his accent.

NORTH KOREA CELEBRATES FLAWLESS 8-0 WIN

North Koreans were celebrating last night after their team's long-predicted 8-0 thrashing of decadent capitalist Brazil.

Footage of Korea's nine-foot tall players scoring goal after goal past a weeping and unusually Oriental-looking Brazilian side was beamed across the country to over 35 million people, 11 million more than its actual population.

The first three goals saw their goalkeeper earn the 47th hat-trick of his career, with the last being a remarkable bicycle kick from the halfway line.

Each goal was celebrated by the players running to the corner flag and delivering an impassioned five-minute lecture on the nation's rising factory productivity to a rapt crowd of 52,000 Korean fans.

Tom Logan, World Cup analyst at Madeley-Finnegan, said: "North Korea's footage differs significantly from the rest of the world, inasmuch as Ellis Park appeared to be a dilapidated velodrome on an industrial estate and Korea's fourth and seventh goal was exactly the same footage."

But Supreme Leader Kim Jong-Il said: "Our glorious players showed what discipline, moral fortitude and being repeatedly beaten can achieve. I personally coached the team myself, shortly after writing my 375th novel Super Kim Slays Moth-Ra & Has Sexy Fun With Madonna, and fighting a bear with a claw hammer."

A North Korean government spokesman added: "Some may think they remember a goalkeeper called Ri Myong-Guk. They are mistaken. If anybody meets somebody claiming to be a member of his family, they are actually Western demons and should be shot on sight."

North Korean fan Jong-Se Park said: "Much appreciation and fraternal joy to the mighty footballers of our land! I do so hope my family can please be released unharmed so they can witness the ultimate triumph in the final!"

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/north-korea-celebrates-flawless-8%110-win-201006162818/

Kaka shouldn't have been sent off, but glad to see brazil beaten at their own game in terms on trying to get players sent off. rolling around the whole match was pissing me off

Guest elbee909

Players only cheat because they really want to win.  OURS CAN'T EVEN BE BOTHERED TO CHEAT!

They do miss Michael Owen, eh.

The stupid thing about Keita's theatrics is that his country will probably need Brazil to beat Portugal on Friday if they're going to stay in the competition, and now they're going to be missing one of their key threats (out of form or not, he still creates goals). Wonder how his countrymen feel about that?

Sadly my favourite thing so far from Englands world cup campaign is from the lead up to the Algeria match where they were doing a bit about the previous game and Robert Greens mistake.  The voice over bloke said "no coach can bargain for a freak" just as they showed Green :lol:

John Terry to the rescue

England's players will tell Fabio Capello what needs to change to rescue their World Cup campaign in a no-holds-barred meeting - even if they upset the Italian.

Former captain John Terry revealed the squad will sit down this with Capello on Sunday evening and discuss possible switches in tactics and personnel for Wednesday's make or break meeting with Slovenia.

England produced a performance devoid of passion and belief as they drew 0-0 with Algeria on Friday to leave their hopes of qualification for the last 16 hanging by a thread.

Whether Capello listens to what Terry and the players have to say remains to be seen - but it is an indication of the concern in the squad that they feel it crucial to discuss any misgivings.

Terry may no longer be England captain but he spoke with the passion and heart of a leader when revealing the need for everyone to get together and try and salvage their hopes of glory in South Africa.

The Chelsea captain said: "We have gone to Fabio Capello and discussed possible tactical changes in the past and we will do again if we feel it needs to be done.

"We've got a meeting tonight, probably to watch the Algeria game to see where we went wrong, which is probably the whole 90 minutes.

"As a group of players, we owe it to ourselves and to everyone back home, if we feel there is a problem, to say so. There is no point in keeping it in.

"Whether we have an argument with the manager or it upsets him, us expressing our opinions, everyone needs to get off their chests exactly how they feel.

"As a group of experienced players, we owe to ourselves, our country and the manager to be honest.

"If we feel in that meeting tonight things need to change, everyone needs to voice their opinion.

"If it upsets him or any other player, so what?"

Terry clearly remains a major influence on the squad even though Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard are the official captain and vice-captain.

He said: "I'm not distancing myself away from responsibilities. I am here as captain as Chelsea and I'm a big personality in the dressing room.

"Responsibility falls on me, Stevie, Lamps, all the experienced players in the side, to get things going again and that is what we are trying to do."

However, Terry insists the players remain 100% behind Capello whatever he decides, despite reports of dressing room unrest.

He said: "I am not too sure whether he will change personnel, his ways, whatever.

"But, whatever he does, myself and everyone is behind him.

"I'm not going to sit here and question the manager. I'm here on behalf of the team and the players and we are all fully behind the manager.

"Since he came in, he's had his ways and philosophies which he has brought to the side and that has worked in the campaign so nothing should change from that.

"We shouldn't be looking at excuses or criticising the manager. He takes a lot of responsibility being the England manager.

"But at the same time we are here, we are supporting him, we are fully behind him, we know we've got his support as well and that's the main thing."

Whatever influence the players have on Capello tonight, Terry knows England have to improve significantly if they are to overcome Slovenia.

He said: "The players were disappointed with the way they performed. I was quite happy with the way we played against USA and we were unfortunate not to win the game.

"The other night, as a group of players, we came out and held our hands up and it was not acceptable the way we played, the attitude we showed in the game.

"The thing that is keeping me going is this last game, that we can go into this game four days later and prove people wrong.

"We need to put on a performance that pleases everyone but more importantly gets the three points and gets us through the group.

"We will go out there and need to think 'sod it, we've got one game which can make or break us'.

"I've said to the guys I've been away from my family for three or four weeks and I've come here to win this tournament.

"I don't want to go home on Wednesday. I'm here to win it."

http://worldcup.sportinglife.com/story/0,27111,15247_6216884,00.html

L'Equipe sums up the french farce perfectly...

L’Equipe: “A rebellion? No, a caprice. A strike? No, cowardliness. Don’t deceive yourself. The republican solidarity that our players showed the world yesterday is an illusion. The [soccer federation] has created a farce; its froth is is just a stink bomb that keeps on exploding. Patrice Evra has once and for all shown that he has muddled up the role of captain with that of a gang leader. Raymond Domenech, by lending a hand to this masquerade and reading out himself the players’ statement, has missed his final opportunity to show some style and courage.”

I've got a good feeling about nK v. Portugal. Think the totalitarian communist bastards might nick something here.

Ronaldo in tears after a 0:1 loss :fwap:

You supporting you communist pals then or do you just want to see Portugal go out?

L'Equipe sums up the french farce perfectly...

LEquipe: A rebellion? No, a caprice. A strike? No, cowardliness. Dont deceive yourself. The republican solidarity that our players showed the world yesterday is an illusion. The [soccer federation] has created a farce; its froth is is just a stink bomb that keeps on exploding. Patrice Evra has once and for all shown that he has muddled up the role of captain with that of a gang leader. Raymond Domenech, by lending a hand to this masquerade and reading out himself the players statement, has missed his final opportunity to show some style and courage.

At least we're not the only ones.

I've got a good feeling about nK v. Portugal. Think the totalitarian communist bastards might nick something here.

Ronaldo is nailed on to win a pen IMO. Koreans will be too honest for their own good.

You supporting you communist pals then or do you just want to see Portugal go out?

Both

Oooo - Ahhhh Cote D'Ivoire.

Oooo - Ahhhh DPR.

I reckon they'll get a result against Portugal today.

Hope they do. That CIV thing is just off that catchy Guardian ad.