Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WC Golden Ball nominees:

- Diego Forlán

- Gyan

- Leo Messi

- Mesut Özil

- Arjen Robben

- Schwensteiger

- Xavi

- David Villa

- Andrés Iniesta

-Wesley Sneijder

Villa/Sneijder depending on who wins the final, I guess.

I hate to keep going on about it. But Iniesta? Seriously?

The Schwein was good, as was Forlan. Think Sneijder has been quite fortunate tbh so Villa for me.

Agree with you about Iniesta, Schweinsteiger and Villa. I think Forlan would deserve it more than the others on that list.

Özil played superb sometimes - poor on the other days (vs. Spain, Ghana, Serbia)

Would give it to Forlan or Schweinsteiger.

Villa, man. Only reason Spain are in the final, tbh.

You fishing? You must be.

Not at all. If Villa hadn't been playing Spain wouldn't be in this competition. I'd have thought that's obvious.

Not at all. If Villa hadn't been playing Spain wouldn't be in this competition. I'd have thought that's obvious.

You can say that about Sneijder too. Or Forlán.

You can say that about Sneijder too. Or Forlán.

Certainly about Forlan.

Spain may not have prgressed in the manner they did, but their unbelieveably solid defence and outstanding midfield keeping the ball basically every game has allowed Villa to pop up and score. I honestly think even Torres may have scored a couple of those. Spain have always seemed to have the possession and therefore piled on the pressure, they've ground teams down, constantly trying balls through the defence in and around the box.

They have been a bit arsenal-esq in trying one pass to many, and Ive been screaming 'RUN' at the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Villa etc because there has been very little urgency in their attacking and no one overlapping from out wide or going past the man with the ball.

Villa has obviously been the one who scored, but without him, I can still see Spain being in the position they are now, they'd have just gone through on Pens or something.

Villa, by a champion mile.

Sneijder has been luck personified.

That's the reason why I hope the Dutch lose on Sunday.  I don't think they've been great in any of their games and they should get found out when Spain play them.

I agree, the two players hwo deserve it is Forlan and Schweinsteiger, though I think depending on the team that wins Sneijder or Villa will get it though it would be undeserved in my opinioon.

Does anyone give the slightest, tiniest fuck about the third place play-off?  Even stat dullards like Motson only ever seem to say a team got as far as the semis in x year, or their best world cup was when they reached the semis, rather than saying they placed third.