Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

He's a total bell end, I can't wait till he's gone. A massive wage, and when he does come on he puts no effort in whatsoever he's the Nicky Butt successor for attitude and ability.

Butt's attitude was always spot on in his last few years tbf. His legs had completely went - but there were lots of times he was the only one not hiding in the midfield, which is why he gave the ball away so much, as he was actually trying to do things.

Up there with Amdy Faye, Nicky Butt, Luque, Babayaro, Boumsong etc.

One of the worst players I've ever seen in black and white...

You can't have been watching very long. He's bad, but we've had far worse.

I haven't been watching Newcastle as long as 99% on here, but I know that I can safely say he's the worst player I've seen play for us in my time. Absolutely no hyperbole either, comfortably the worst.

Guest schmuck

With Gosling returning to fitness there's no way we can justify Smith's wages anymore (not that we could before but y'know, even moreso). Gosling has the legs and workrate to be an able understudy to Tiote, even if he has no ability to go with it he's already two up on Smith. Let's just hope that that greasy chicken nugget money is burning a hole in fat Sam's wallet.

Up there with Amdy Faye, Nicky Butt, Luque, Babayaro, Boumsong etc.

One of the worst players I've ever seen in black and white...

You can't have been watching very long. He's bad, but we've had far worse.

I haven't been watching Newcastle as long as 99% on here, but I know that I can safely say he's the worst player I've seen play for us in my time. Absolutely no hyperbole either, comfortably the worst.

Rozehnal, Cacapa and Butt were worse in recent years, to name but a few.

Not defending Smith, cause he was awful today.

did any one see his body language when he gave the ball away inside our own half late in the game? He simply started walking back very slowly as if he was walking with his girlfriend on the beach.

pathetic twat. Fuck off to Leeds.