Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

Guest neesy111

Whenever he tackled and did one his hollywood challenges to me those are coward's tackles with no skill at all which could easily do damage to himself and the opposition player.

A great day in our recent history this.  Agree with Ronaldo as well, if he had any honour then he would just walk away.

Could you imagine if we got Perch, Smith and Raylor off our books and replaced them with better players, I'd be over the moon. Even bringing someone in like Pratley and letting Smith go would be an upgrade IMO. Pratley would probably be a lot cheaper than Smith as well.

Not sure why so many people hate him. Don't get me wrong, I think he's shite, totally shite, but he isn't an arsehole and is a 100%er .

Wild, lunging tackles after losing possession doesn't equal effort.

Guest neesy111

Also can't believe some of stuff being said about him being important in the championship.  He was rubbish most of the time and we looked much better when he wasn't in the side.

Also can't believe some of stuff being said about him being important in the championship.  He was rubbish most of the time and we looked much better when he wasn't in the side.

Aye. We looked like a different team when Guthrie replaced him - which speaks volumes.

Guest neesy111

Also can't believe some of stuff being said about him being important in the championship.  He was rubbish most of the time and we looked much better when he wasn't in the side.

Aye. We looked like a different team when Guthrie replaced him - which speaks volumes.

Agreed, and I don't even rate Guthrie as well.

Like anybodies going to walk away from their job. I have no ill feelings towards him, he's not good enough, who's fault is it that the club paid him those wages?

Daft question alert.

How come all the different papers and websites are able to publish the same stuff from the Press Association, almost word for word? Does it mean that they're just blindly reproducing what one person at the PA typed originally or what? Does it mean the story/details have come directly from the club?

Guest neesy111

Daft question alert.

How come all the different papers and websites are able to publish the same stuff from the Press Association, almost word for word? Does it mean that they're just blindly reproducing what one person at the PA typed originally or what? Does it mean the story/details have come directly from the club?

I think most of the press pay the PA for access to their information, that is all I know on it.  Isn't a daft question at all.

Like anybodies going to walk away from their job. I have no ill feelings towards him, he's not good enough, who's fault is it that the club paid him those wages?

I don't buy this whole experienced pro/honest guy bullshit. Smith has always been a fraud on the pitch, the same way Duff and Butt were. He seemed happy to settle for below-par performances from the start. I can count his decent performances on one hand..

Surely if he was so damn professional about it, we would've seen some sort of an improvement in his performances over the last 4 years (!) instead of being a total liability every single time he steps foot on a pitch.

Good riddance to the money-grabbing cunt..

I'll save my words and my little love explosion for when he finally goes, but I will say this: the history of this great club will now be split into two eras - BAS (Before Alan Smith) and AAS (After Alan Smith). Just like the bible. Just like BC and AD.