Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Watched the full 90mins last night of the villa 6:0 at the start of the season and smith actually had a good game! Buzzed around nicked the ball back a lot without fouling. When he got it played neat quick passes and kept us ticking over. He also nearly scored when he busted a gut to get in the box but was tripped up. It's about the only game i remember him having a decent game last season but i think we signed Tiote shortly after so he probably just gave up trying. That or it was a fluky game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm saying he had a good game but I mean a good game for him, compared with say Tiote it would probably be the equivalent of a distinctly average Tiote game.

Probably his best premiership game for us. Actually played as a proper midfielder, and not the hardman 'holding' midfielder he usually tries to be. Almost made a run into the opposition box as well. :lol:

Watched the full 90mins last night of the villa 6:0 at the start of the season and smith actually had a good game! Buzzed around nicked the ball back a lot without fouling. When he got it played neat quick passes and kept us ticking over. He also nearly scored when he busted a gut to get in the box but was tripped up. It's about the only game i remember him having a decent game last season but i think we signed Tiote shortly after so he probably just gave up trying. That or it was a fluky game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm saying he had a good game but I mean a good game for him, compared with say Tiote it would probably be the equivalent of a distinctly average Tiote game.

Probably his best premiership game for us. Actually played as a proper midfielder, and not the hardman 'holding' midfielder he usually tries to be. Almost made a run into the opposition box as well. :lol:

If Smith had scored man, imagine the reaction on this board - the server would have crashed :lol:

If Smith had scored man, imagine the reaction on this board - the server would have crashed :lol:

I remember that moment so well... Out of nothing this situation arose where the ball was played into space for one of our players to run towards and shoot. Suddenly time slowed down as you realised that this was a fantastic chance and then you realised it was Smith that had made this great run into the box. Oh my god, this is it! He might actually fucking score, holy crap...

I also think villas midfield went awol to an extent which helped

Ireland was rank in that game, think it was his debut as well.

Aye he was very poor as was Petrov - saying that like until Carew missed the pelanty they were dominant

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Almost scored against Arsenal in the cup this season actually. Unlucky, was a cracking shot too. :lol:

I also think villas midfield went awol to an extent which helped

Ireland was rank in that game, think it was his debut as well.

where he was played that game didn't help, as I recall he was in the holding position which if you've ever watched him play is utterly the wrong position for him

Have to profess, however unrealistic/naive this is in terms of actually happening, I do feel a modicum of pity at the thought of an innocent, sheltered real life Alan Smith deciding to finally take the plunge and browse N-O and other NUFC messageboards to find out what the fans think of him and his time here before he moves down to the Championship (or below). Can imagine it'd be pretty devestating for someone who probably thinks he's still a decent player to find a wall of agreement between everyone that he's basically a waste of oxygen. :iamatwat: And not even in a "he's s*** be we love him as he's our Ameobi" kind of way. Even in the Owen thread the viscious hatred for Little Mickey is tempered with some agreement that he was pretty decent for us during his time under Keegan. With Smith there's just absolutely nothing positive other than a prospective party being planned if/when he does leave the club. :lol: