Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

He's putting money above actually playing, which is entirely his prerogative. It's my prerogative to call him a greedy, completely useless cunt for doing so. 

Get out of the club. 

Or he's completely deluded about his ability.

He's putting money above actually playing, which is entirely his prerogative. It's my prerogative to call him a greedy, completely useless c*** for doing so. 

Get out of the club. 

Or he's completely deluded about his ability.

Probably both.

He's not deluded about his ability because the way he hides from the ball proves he knows he's shit. He's a coward and he's the worst kind of coward because he hides behind some tough guy image. Kicking people isn't brave. Showing for the ball when you're 2-0 down away to Stevenage is brave.

I was delighted when the cock went off injured against the mackems. Absolutely despise him.

Most teams get a good marquee signing

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/16164.jpg

We get lumbered with the possibly the worst value player I've ever seen wear the shirt and thats saying something.

He'd rather spend another season playing reserve team football than drop his wages and get a move? Seems quite cuntish to me.

Why should he drop his wages? Who would drop their wage? The Club offered him / agreed to pay him whatever so they are liable.

Thankfully Ashley has now addressd the situation so its unlikely to happen again.

The Newcastle United midfielder flies home from a holiday in America soon, but he says he wants to honour the final year of his contract on Tyneside.

very poor choice of words

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50474_120843261303245_8521_n.jpg

That was the article quote and not me by the way  ;D

He'd rather spend another season playing reserve team football than drop his wages and get a move? Seems quite cuntish to me.

Why should he drop his wages? Who would drop their wage? The Club offered him / agreed to pay him whatever so they are liable.

Thankfully Ashley has now addressd the situation so its unlikely to happen again.

Why should he drop his wage? So he can play football if he considers himself a footballer. If he considers himself a cunt he is quite entitled to keep picking up wages while rotting in the reserves, I agree.

:wat:

Urgh, what a cretin. His goal against Sampdoria gave me too much false hope (played decent enough against Arsenal that season though when we drew 1-1 at SJP which again gave me false hope).

I'd probably take the money if I was on 60k p/week.

I'm not blaming anyone here for being a mercenary cunt. It's completely understandable in an Ashley sort of way.

Guest Heneage

Not one person on here would give up a £55k a week job for a £15k a week job.

This is one of the few instances you simply can't compare Football with a 'normal job'. He's 30 with possibly 3 seasons of football left in his career. In his time at Leeds and Manchester United I'd argue he really hasn't done much. There's a footballing cliché you hear retired players often mention and it's 'You're a long time out of the game.'

The only reason to keep a job on that wage would be for financial security. I'll be amazed if by now he hasn't achieved that goal meaning money becomes less of a motivation.

To suggest that 'no-one' would give up £40k per week is forgetting the 10 years of earning millions per year which allows him the freedom to drop a division and pick up a significantly smaller wage.

This.

All these people getting on their high horses over his wages really need to have a word with themselves.

I don't blame Smith for one moment, every single one of us (apart from the liars) would admit to doing the same thing. It's the board to blame. Or more specifically the person who suggested we sign him. Smith's doing nothing wrong here.

I'd applaud him if he left for less money, but to suggest it's something he should do is ridiculous when not one single person on here (Apart from the liars) would do that themselves.

This.

All these people getting on their high horses over his wages really need to have a word with themselves.

I don't blame Smith for one moment, every single one of us (apart from the liars) would admit to doing the same thing. It's the board to blame. Or more specifically the person who suggested we sign him. Smith's doing nothing wrong here.

I'd applaud him if he left for less money, but to suggest it's something he should do is ridiculous when not one single person on here (Apart from the liars) would do that themselves.

If you endorse Smith's financial stand I hope you also endorse Ashley's regime as well to look after every penny and every pound. There's no difference and if you're not a liar you'll admit it.

This.

If you endorse Smith's financial stand I hope you also endorse Ashley's regime as well to look after every penny and every pound. There's no difference and if you're not a liar you'll admit it.

Which part of Ashley's regime are you on about?

If it's getting rid of the old, immobile players and bringing in young, fast, skillful players then I holeheartedly support what he's doing.

I also believe that Newcastle United should be run at a profit, ridiculous though that may seem. It seems fashionable to lambast Ashley for "only" pumping in about £150m of his own money and then looking to get some of it back, which is frankly f***ing ridiculous. Of course I'd love it if we had an owner who splased billions on us but to suggest that our current owner has some kind of obligation to do that is f***ing bonkers. He's hardly bleeding the club dry, it's cost him a fortune to own it. His financial commitment cannot really be questioned.

Good post.

This.

Which part of Ashley's regime are you on about?

If it's getting rid of the old, immobile players and bringing in young, fast, skillful players then I holeheartedly support what he's doing.

I also believe that Newcastle United should be run at a profit, ridiculous though that may seem. It seems fashionable to lambast Ashley for "only" pumping in about £150m of his own money and then looking to get some of it back, which is frankly f***ing ridiculous. Of course I'd love it if we had an owner who splased billions on us but to suggest that our current owner has some kind of obligation to do that is f***ing bonkers. He's hardly bleeding the club dry, it's cost him a fortune to own it. His financial commitment cannot really be questioned.

Smith won't go voluntarily as he's making so much money with the current contract! If we want to get rid of him it requires Ashley to offer him some sort of a release fee such as half of the remaining contract in cash up front and I guess Smith will agree...it's common procedure and would help both sides financially. Like either side would really need the help anyway :doh:

We get lumbered with the possibly the worst value player I've ever seen wear the shirt and thats saying something.

http://www.cleansheetsallround.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Luque-Newcastle1.jpg