Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

Was genuinely convinced that we'd throw away the points when he came on despite being 2-0 up.

Then sometime after their goal I noticed that he was being played up front :kinnear:

Never again Pards, never again.

I think having him as far away as possible from our defence as possible can only be a good thing, that miscontrol in our box was awful, could have easily led to a goal.

Pardew gives him a small mention here: http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/sunday-exclusive/blog/2011-08-28/pardew-i-dont-really-care-reputations

"He's so frustrated that he aint had a chance he even gave a free kick away that he shouldn't have done... but that's him."  :lol:

I wouldn't put it past this shower of s*** to extend his contract (albeit on a much lower salary when Smith realises not even Division 1 clubs are willing to touch him with their local rivals' bargepoles) or worse still...make him Pardew's replacement.

His booking today was laughable.  :lol:

I wouldn't put it past this shower of s*** to extend his contract (albeit on a much lower salary when Smith realises not even Division 1 clubs are willing to touch him with their local rivals' bargepoles) or worse still...make him Pardew's replacement.

His booking today was laughable.  :lol:

No idea how I missed that.

Everytime he comes on we drop some kind of clanger  :kinnear:

Was today his first appearance of the season? Last I remember seeing him on the pitch was the WBA fiasco in final game of last season. He came on and we conceded 3 ffs :lol:

Guest Melbourne Toon

As soon as he came on I was expecting it to become 2 - 1. Although I thought the goal would be from a free kick which smith conceded.

Guest ykmkmdd

Even trying hiding him up front to minimise the carnage he could cause didn't work - he just couldn't help himself! :lol:

I find it strange he hasn't been more actively forced out like barton was, must be on a huge wage and does nothing, yes bartons persoanality was the main reason he was pushed, but at least he had a use on the field unlike smith who offers nothing at all

I find it strange he hasn't been more actively forced out like barton was, must be on a huge wage and does nothing, yes bartons persoanality was the main reason he was pushed, but at least he had a use on the field unlike smith who offers nothing at all

That answers itself, it's because he has no use on the field so they know no one will want to buy him.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It's a fine line for pardew between putting him in the shop window and not causing it to fuck up our chances

He probably used smith to get his name in the write up in the vain hope someone takes him off us!

In 2012 the contracts of Smith, Lovenkrands and harper run out and we instantly become a better team. Only time, shame shola signed on.

Would keep Harper on as 3rd choice if Forster does leave as expected. It's not easy signing keepers to be third choice and I am not sure about Soderberg from what the youth/reserve followers have said.

Was convinced he was going to help Fulham grab a point BUT fortunately it was not to be

He needs to be far, far away from the first team as possible. We know he is s*** so no idea why he is in the squad, would much rather give a youngster a try

Aye!

It must be galling for players like Cabaye and Tiote to have Smith in the team.  He's close to becoming the physical embodiment of Homer Simpson, he comes on to the field, screws up in unimaginable ways and yet not only does he not get sacked but he gets paid a massive wage, close to double what Cabaye and Tiote are on.

I couldn't imagine how I'd react if one of my coworkers came in, tripped over a chair and smashed a computer.  Never knowing exactly what they did at work other than causing utter chaos and still earning double what I was getting, even when the guy is apparently sabotaging everything that I'm doing.

It must be galling for players like Cabaye and Tiote to have Smith in the team.  He's close to becoming the physical embodiment of Homer Simpson, he comes on to the field, screws up in unimaginable ways and yet not only does he not get sacked but he gets paid a massive wage, close to double what Cabaye and Tiote are on.

I couldn't imagine how I'd react if one of my coworkers came in, tripped over a chair and smashed a computer.  Never knowing exactly what they did at work other than causing utter chaos and still earning double what I was getting, even when the guy is apparently sabotaging everything that I'm doing.

If you did not know he was Alan Smith, when he came on and ran around, you would have thought he had won some sort of prize to be allowed to play with professional footballers

I do hope he reads the forum like.

Gotta be at least one player who does, if they read this thread they'd have to be pissing themselves laughing at ho fucking hopeless we all agree that he is. :lol:

that he still gets picked for the bench and even gets time on the pitch is just a piss take....much bigger joke than Løvenkrands. Pardew doesn´t gets credit for this...eventhough i have been fairly impressed about him....didn´t believe much in him to start with!