Vuvuzela

Thespence

I wish the people defending them would just give it up man ffs. They are diabolical, there are no positive aspects to them whatsoever. Infact if the fans don't take heed of our warning then I think that a blanket ban not only Seth Efrika but on all African nations for the next WC is perfectly in order.

You're embarrassing yourself.  What does this have to do with Africa on the whole? Are you thick?

:lol: but also  :facepalm:

I wish the people defending them would just give it up man ffs. They are diabolical, there are no positive aspects to them whatsoever. Infact if the fans don't take heed of our warning then I think that a blanket ban not only Seth Efrika but on all African nations for the next WC is perfectly in order.

You're embarrassing yourself.  What does this have to do with Africa on the whole? Are you thick?

:lol:

If I knew how to post the fishing rod smiley from my phone then I would. Was just winding up the winderupers tis all.

If I knew how to post the fishing rod smiley from my phone then I would. Was just winding up the winderupers tis all.

:blush:

Oh right. Well thank goodness for that because I was beginning to get very very worried.

:blush:

Oh right. Well thank goodness for that because I was beginning to get very very worried.

Don't get me wrong mate I fucking hate these shite horns but I would never call for a blanket ban on all African Nations! :lol:

they are the only noise accompanying the games, and ruining any real atmosphere. The only game i've been able to hear a song at has been the england game...just. I can't understand the fans thinking it's fun or novel to blow them. It's different to someone having an air horn at a british game, for example, because the brief sound of the air horn stands out in the crowd. These are just a constant drone. I wouldn't be surprised if a vuvuzela gets rammed up someones jaksi in rage before the tournament ends.

I could hear a bit of crowd noise during the England game, even at one point a brief snatch of that brass band playing The Italian Job theme.

See, it's not all bad they managed to drown out that f***ing talentless band!

Vuvuzela>>>>>>>>>>>>>England band.

This.

Hate the vuvuzelas though

I don't know if I can be arsed watching the game tonight because of these shit horns.

Watched Hot Tub Time Machine earlier with the game on mute in the background. Enjoyable experience.

I find these complaints absolutely baffling. First of all, the drone of the vuvuzelas is a tremendous, otherworldly sound. What is the point of holding a World Cup in South Africa if you are going to prevent South African crowds from expressing themselves in their own way?

Nobody would have a problem if you could only hear them when South Africa are playing. But playing them at games of other teams is a complete lack of respect. Imagine if England were hosting the world cup, and at every game where england weren't playing you'd have all the locals chanting England songs. It's the same thing and nobody would stand for it. Why on earth do we need these morons 'expressing themselves' at games where their team isn't even fucking playing?

Worst world cup I've had the misfortune of watching, thankfully it'll be remembred that way and we'll never have to put up with the same shite again.

I find these complaints absolutely baffling. First of all, the drone of the vuvuzelas is a tremendous, otherworldly sound. What is the point of holding a World Cup in South Africa if you are going to prevent South African crowds from expressing themselves in their own way?

Nobody would have a problem if you could only hear them when South Africa are playing. But playing them at games of other teams is a complete lack of respect. Imagine if England were hosting the world cup, and at every game where england weren't playing you'd have all the locals chanting England songs. It's the same thing and nobody would stand for it. Why on earth do we need these morons 'expressing themselves' at games where their team isn't even fucking playing?

Worst world cup I've had the misfortune of watching, thankfully it'll be remembred that way and we'll never have to put up with the same shite again.

what a post

I think traditionally South Africans only gathered in Huge crowds to Riot or attack white people, or have Zulu wars etc. so the authorities came up with these Vulva things to give them something to do cos they haven't really got a fucking clue what they are watching.

Guest Geordiesned

So annoying when you can see people in the crowd going mad celebrating a goal (as with the Paraguay fans just now) and yet all you can hear is horns.

I'm fucking sick of them.

Refusing to watch anymore games until they are banned.

Mind you, not as if I'm missing out on anything, all of the games have been wank so far.