PLEASE ALL READ - Premier League Fixtures

Dave

Overall I'm quite happy with our fixtures, not too one sided and nicely spread out. Good couple of game in May for us to try and get 6 points from in our relegation battle, at least there will be hope.

Glad we face Sunderland at home first as well, hopefully we can get something from that game taking the pressure off us a bit when we visit there, getting beat at theirs then having to face them at SJP with nothing to lose would have been a struggle and certainly a defeat for us.

Also Manu away, gets it out of the way, Rio's out, plus lots of gutted players from the WC, especially Rooney means we could nick a point again

Does the logic about having an easy run-in stand up? I mean, maybe we're playing atrociously and our confidence is totally shot by the end of the season?

i don't think there is an easy run in for struggling teams at the bottom, many results at that time actually come against teams higher up

Guest Phil K

Watching BBC when they mentioned newly promoted West Brom will play Chelsea...and the runners-up, Newcastle will play Manchester United.

So - BBC weren't happy about us winning the Championship and relegated us to 2nd, eh ? :D (Typical BBC)

TBF I think they meant runners-up Man U will play also promoted...

Mind - poor Blackpool - first game v Wigan.

Hughton was on SSN being asked about the fixtures. Said he "remained confident" that "the right players will arrive in the summer".

'Right' is such a subjective word. Does he define L.Best as the 'right player?' A statement like this slightly annoys me.

He's speaking in puns. We're getting Wright-phillips, Bradley.

You won't have to wait long for Jermaine to knock a couple past you.

When the Merseyside brown sweets line up against the Tyneside thieving birds I expect Beckford not to playing.

Its a mixed bag for me. Would've preferred a winnable first match and a nice run-in, however the run-in is half-impossible, half-winnable. Lets hope we're safe before those. The big shocker (in a nice way) is Boxing Day, and theres not a lot you can say about the rest. Lets rape the Premiership (Souness and Pardew style!)

Not happy with lots of the fixture dates, quite a few i fancied i won't be able to make. Fulham midweek is annoying, always a good day out. At least the 2 mackem games il be able to get to.

Guest Phil K

Were people expecting a fixture list without Man United on it or something?

My thoughts exactly.

We need strenghthening ANYWAYS and it isn't happening.

Seems Ashley enjoyed last season so much he wants to go back. :rolleyes:

Someone on my Facebook: "why does the first newcastle fixture of the season have to be on MY wedding day?! Grr!"

How inconvenient of the Premier League season to start that day.

Someone on my Facebook: "why does the first newcastle fixture of the season have to be on MY wedding day?! Grr!"

How inconvenient of the Premier League season to start that day.

You should reply: Because you are an inconsiderate twat, and even if people turn up they are going to hate you and celebrate your pending divorce.