Should England fail to qualify from the group?

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Everybody stop panicking please. There is no way you are not qualifying from this group, no way. After that, anything can happen. You've not made a great start to the tournament, but you have every chance to do well still...

Ah right, sorry. I thought we'd just played 90 minutes where we were shown up by a poor Algerian side and arguably outplayed for chunks of the game...

There is every chance we won't qualify. We should beat Slovenia, yes, but we should have beaten the Yanks and my word we should have beaten Algeria, so I'm not going into the game with much confidence. I'll still be cheering them on as loud as ever, though.

When push comes to shove, and in a must win game, England will beat Slovenia, of that I am sure. It won't be pretty, and it will be nail biting stuff, but I just can't see you lose that one with the quality you have throughout the squad.

Even if we'd have drawn 0-0 on Friday but been denied by a good goalkeeping performance I'd agree with you. There was completely, absolutely, definitively nothing good to say about that performance, apart from the fact we didn't lose. To search for positives would involve a very deep barrel.

And you say we won't lose it but that's not the problem: the problem is a draw is very likely to see us go out too. My heart says we'll nick it but my head says there's no reason for us being able to when we can't even trouble Algeria.

Everybody stop panicking please. There is no way you are not qualifying from this group, no way. After that, anything can happen. You've not made a great start to the tournament, but you have every chance to do well still...

Hopefully Mr. 6 Points And Already Qualified is right!

Ironically we've not played much better than you. We've been lucky with dodgy ball goals in both our matches. If you just start keeping the ball down and play with a bit more urgency to get some shots at goal, you will be alright.

I find the notion that the players simply aren't good enough to be absolutely laughable, quite frankly.

Is it the best squad England have ever had? No, but it's far from the worst either. You've got 4 genuinely world class players, and numerous more who are more than good enough to make an impact against the level of opposition you'll be facing in the tournament. You don't need amazing players at every position on the pitch to be a good team, just a few players of genuine class surrounded by a team full of solid players. And that's exactly what you've got.

I'm not sure why you've been so shit up to this point. To me it appears that the players simply don't believe in what they're doing out there. If I had to guess I'd say that Capello has probably lost the dressing room, they simply aren't buying into his way of playing and are hiding behind that as an excuse, which is why the effort levels out there have been pathetic.

I find the notion that the players simply aren't good enough to be absolutely laughable, quite frankly.

Is it the best squad England have ever had? No, but it's far from the worst either. You've got 4 genuinely world class players, and numerous more who are more than good enough to make an impact against the level of opposition you'll be facing in the tournament. You don't need amazing players at every position on the pitch to be a good team, just a few players of genuine class surrounded by a team full of solid players. And that's exactly what you've got.

I'm not sure why you've been so s*** up to this point. To me it appears that the players simply don't believe in what they're doing out there. If I had to guess I'd say that Capello has probably lost the dressing room, they simply aren't buying into his way of playing and are hiding behind that as an excuse, which is why the effort levels out there have been pathetic.

:clap:

I'm not sure why you've been so shit up to this point. To me it appears that the players simply don't believe in what they're doing out there. If I had to guess I'd say that Capello has probably lost the dressing room, they simply aren't buying into his way of playing and are hiding behind that as an excuse, which is why the effort levels out there have been pathetic.

:thup:

But if 2/3 of the 4 don't play well or aren't sure what they are doing, the whole team drops a level like any other side. Broadly speaking these players should be good enough to make an impact at the tournament I agree with that.

Fabio lost the dressing room the day he decided to let the media interfere with his captaincy.

It's been a downward spiral ever since.

I do wonder about the Terry thing.

You just know that Terry is the kind of tit that would take umbrage to losing the captaincy and would hold it against Capello, even though it was his own fucking fault.

Part of the reason Bridge pulled out of contention for a place in the squad was because Terry was such a big figure in the dressing room, I honestly wouldn't be at all shocked if Terry is a real problem in that dressing room.

Fabio lost the dressing room the day he decided to let the media interfere with his captaincy.

You just know that Terry is the kind of tit that would take umbrage to losing the captaincy and would hold it against Capello, even though it was his own fucking fault.

Part of the reason Bridge pulled out of contention for a place in the squad was because Terry was such a big figure in the dressing room, I honestly wouldn't be at all shocked if Terry is a real problem in that dressing room.

Or the players see Terry as the victim, believe he should never have lost the captaincy and Cappello was too weak to tell the press to fuk off. Now with Rio out and gerrard captain, maybe its left half the team thinking again, Terry is our captain, not 3rd choice Gerrard.

What gets me is how come we sail through qualification playing quality attacking football in most of our games with confidence high then put in one below standard performance but started well against U.S.A then be absolutely woeful and Algeria ,my opinion is the Algeria display was down to Cappelos tactics and the players terrified to deviate from them so so many below par performances to do with the fear of failure heaped on the players as some of them have said about pressure or maybe we have just played shit twice who knows .

You just know that Terry is the kind of tit that would take umbrage to losing the captaincy and would hold it against Capello, even though it was his own f***ing fault.

Or the players see Terry as the victim, believe he should never have lost the captaincy and Cappello was too weak to tell the press to fuk off. Now with Rio out and gerrard captain, maybe its left half the team thinking again, Terry is our captain, not 3rd choice Gerrard.

tbh if the players act like that in a tournament that the majority will be there last it shows that even the world cup comes second to there egos and selfishness

After Wednesdays inevitable goalless draw, Spaghetti Heads position will be completely untenable. What a fucking disaster, Bobby would be rolling in his grave.

Bobby's record in his career was nothing compared to Capello's tbf.

After Wednesdays inevitable goalless draw, Spaghetti Heads position will be completely untenable. What a f***ing disaster, Bobby would be rolling in his grave.

How dare you slander the good lords name.

Ah right, sorry. I thought we'd just played 90 minutes where we were shown up by a poor Algerian side and arguably outplayed for chunks of the game...

There is every chance we won't qualify. We should beat Slovenia, yes, but we should have beaten the Yanks and my word we should have beaten Algeria, so I'm not going into the game with much confidence. I'll still be cheering them on as loud as ever, though.

When push comes to shove, and in a must win game, England will beat Slovenia, of that I am sure. It won't be pretty, and it will be nail biting stuff, but I just can't see you lose that one with the quality you have throughout the squad.

I want to think that but then I remember the 3-2 loss to Croatia at Wembley in the final Euro 2008 qualifier.

After Wednesdays inevitable goalless draw, Spaghetti Heads position will be completely untenable. What a f***ing disaster, Bobby would be rolling in his grave.

How about you take your rose tinted geps off?

Certainly wouldn't want to cross him, seems a bit of an evil cunt by all accounts. On the other hand I think he will give it all in the next game and it was good for him to come forward as he did and talk to the press frankly and calmly.

How about you take your rose tinted geps off?

Sir Bobby over eight years and 95 matches had a 49.47 win percentage.

Capello over two years and 26 matches have a 69.23 win percentage.

You had an absolute dross qualifying group this time around, though, which makes Capello seem more impressive in win % than Sir Bobby.

Is it true that if, for example, we draw 1-1 with Slovenia, and USA draw 0-0 with Algeria, it's decided by the toss of a coin as to who takes second?

USA through on goals scored in that instance.

Yes, and if that's even than it would come to the fair-play stats. Wasn't it that after that the FIFA world rank will decide?