Nicolas Anelka

Newcastle Fan

Thought its worth its own thread, he got kicked the fuck out of the French Squad

Striker Nicolas Anelka has been dismissed from France's World Cup squad for insulting coach Raymond Domenech during the defeat to Mexico

The decision (to remove Anelka) has just been taken," French football federation vice President Noel Le Graet told French radio station RTL.

According to L'Equipe newspaper, Anelka unleashed a scathing attack on Domenech after being criticised during the interval as France sank to a dismal 2-0 defeat in Polokwane on Thursday.

When Anelka took issue, Domenech threatened to substitute him, and the player unleashed his foul-mouthed tirade, reported L'Equipe.

Domenech's response was immediate. Anelka was replaced with Andre-Pierre Gignac for the second half.

"It's shocking, because if anyone has protected Anelka, it's Domenech," said Le Graet.

"Domenech has played Anelka throughout the past two years.

"There are of course divergences of opinion surrounding tactics and positioning, but it merits in any case friendlier conversations."

Further reports suggesting that a disciplinary hearing has been convened by France Football Federation officials on Saturday afternoon and that Anelka would be sent home from South Africa have proved to be well founded.

Mexico secured victory with two second-half goals, leaving France – winners in 1998 and beaten finalists four years ago – on the brink of elimination.

France require a convincing victory over South Africa next Tuesday to stand any chance of advancing to the second round.

However, this result would be rendered meaningless should Mexico and Uruguay draw in the other match – a result which would see both teams advance.

Anelka's outburst is the latest in a series of reported conflicts to come out of the France training camp during the World Cup and comes hot on the heels of captain Patrice Evra's admission that his side are a football force in decline

He was by far their worse player in both games, utter cunt tbh.

Guest Phil K

I was really expecting a Dyer/Bowyer style intra-team bust-up. Shame.

That would have been good.....

France have been rather like the pompous arrogant Dutch players of the late 80s and 90s

Thought they only had to turn up, no discipline, no respect for their coach, swaggering pack of dipsticks.

Took them years to get their act back together.

Domenech is basically the worst excuse for a football manager there's ever been.

The fact he's been national manager for 6 years shows the mentality of French people.  Ball-less cunts.

He's like Louis XVI. Something isn't working, the people from above, below, and around him are crying out for change, so what does he do? He sticks by his guns and jams his fingers firmly in his ears.

Bet most of the Frogs are gutted that this twat won't be shoved into a guillotine though, like Louis was.

Captain Patrice Evra has accused a “traitor” within the France camp of trying to destabilise the squad.

Striker Nicolas Anelka has been sent home from the World Cup after his bust-up with coach Raymond Domenech at half-time of Thursday’s 2-0 defeat to Mexico.

The Chelsea forward refused to apologise for his foul-mouthed comments and, as a result, the France Football Federation said they had no other option but to send him home.

Anelka’s row with Domenech was splashed all over the front page of French newspaper L’Equipe today and Evra said the blame for that lies with an unknown individual within the team’s World Cup party.

“The problem of France is not Anelka, but the traitor among us,” he said.

“We must eliminate the traitor from the group, because he wants to hurt the team.

“There is no little mouse in the locker room, this comes from someone who is on the team and wants to hurt the team.

“We are not going to lie, the reporter [from L’Equipe] did not make this up.

“I do not know anything [about this person], I am not a magician.”

However, Evra, who revealed he was forced to intervene in the row, admitted Anelka was wrong to say what he did.

“His comments are unacceptable,” added the Manchester United defender.

Anelka has expressed his disappointment at the leaking of the altercation.

“It happened within the confines of the changing rooms, between the coach and me, in front of my team-mates and the staff,” Anelka told newspaper France Soir.

“That should never have come out of the changing rooms.

“I don’t know who can benefit from that, but repeating these kind of things certainly doesn’t help (the team).

“My aim was never to destabilise the French team, an institution I respect.

“I accept my exclusion from the France team and I wish them good luck,.

“I have a lot of respect for the France team, I equally have a lot of respect for all of my team-mates without exception, I insist on

that point.”

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/evra-we-must-find-the-traitor-462377.html#ixzz0rKq2Vskm

Captain Patrice Evra has accused a “traitor” within the France camp of trying to destabilise the squad.

Striker Nicolas Anelka has been sent home from the World Cup after his bust-up with coach Raymond Domenech at half-time of Thursday’s 2-0 defeat to Mexico.

The Chelsea forward refused to apologise for his foul-mouthed comments and, as a result, the France Football Federation said they had no other option but to send him home.

Anelka’s row with Domenech was splashed all over the front page of French newspaper L’Equipe today and Evra said the blame for that lies with an unknown individual within the team’s World Cup party.

“The problem of France is not Anelka, but the traitor among us,” he said.

“We must eliminate the traitor from the group, because he wants to hurt the team.

“There is no little mouse in the locker room, this comes from someone who is on the team and wants to hurt the team.

“We are not going to lie, the reporter [from L’Equipe] did not make this up.

“I do not know anything [about this person], I am not a magician.”

However, Evra, who revealed he was forced to intervene in the row, admitted Anelka was wrong to say what he did.

“His comments are unacceptable,” added the Manchester United defender.

Anelka has expressed his disappointment at the leaking of the altercation.

“It happened within the confines of the changing rooms, between the coach and me, in front of my team-mates and the staff,” Anelka told newspaper France Soir.

“That should never have come out of the changing rooms.

“I don’t know who can benefit from that, but repeating these kind of things certainly doesn’t help (the team).

“My aim was never to destabilise the French team, an institution I respect.

“I accept my exclusion from the France team and I wish them good luck,.

“I have a lot of respect for the France team, I equally have a lot of respect for all of my team-mates without exception, I insist on

that point.”

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/evra-we-must-find-the-traitor-462377.html#ixzz0rKq2Vskm

What's that mean? Someone in the dressing room leaked the story? Or what?

Sounds like it. Though that would suggest Evra believes the fact it came out was somehow worse than it happening at all, which is strange.

It was up to Domenech how to deal with it if it had remained internal. As soon as the news was leaked, it was out of his hands and Anelka had to go.

Sounds like it. Though that would suggest Evra believes the fact it came out was somehow worse than it happening at all, which is strange.

Well, I'm sure spats like those happen all the time in the heat of the moment and we don't learn about them and are dealt with internally. But when it was leaked they had no other option than to punish Anelka. So I can see where Evra's coming from. Plus I'm sure all of them think he was right.

Reports saying Anelka has retired from international football. Always makes me laugh when players do that, like Van Nistlerooy after not getting picked.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Gourcouff.

He really seems to be the group's reject. If the rumours are true about him not talking to or being friends with anyone and others refusing to pass to him... how could it be anyone else! :lol: