Nicolas Anelka

Newcastle Fan

Nice to see the French imploding :thup:

a part of me is enjoying it but a larger part is very angry at the fact they don't seem to give 2 shits about being there

erm isn't that like the majority of us. don't give too much of a shit about it (i stopped filling in my wall chart early on day 2) and am only really bothered about my club NUFC.

a part of me is enjoying it but a larger part is very angry at the fact they don't seem to give 2 shits about being there

erm isn't that like the majority of us. don't give too much of a shit about it (i stopped filling in my wall chart early on day 2) and am only really bothered about my club NUFC.

Yeah but they got there at the expense of a team that would've loved to be there.

I was really expecting a Dyer/Bowyer style intra-team bust-up. Shame.

That would have been good.....

France have been rather like the pompous arrogant Dutch players of the late 80s and 90s

Thought they only had to turn up, no discipline, no respect for their coach, swaggering pack of dipsticks.

Took them years to get their act back together.

Yeah the Dutch side of the 00's have been much better than the World Cup semi finalists and EURO Cup winners of the 80's and 90's.

erm, no. As far as I'm concerned it's World Cup season and I'm not bothered about NUFC at all.

France have been rather like the pompous arrogant Dutch players of the late 80s and 90s

Thought they only had to turn up, no discipline, no respect for their coach, swaggering pack of dipsticks.

Huh?

Huh?

I guess he means the squads in the 90's that were rumoured to be split between whites/surinam

Huh?

I guess he means the squads in the 90's that were rumoured to be split between whites/surinam

That was 1996. In the 80's we were almost non existant until 1988 where we won the Euro Cup. 1990 was a bad tournament (last 16, lost to winner Germany), 1992 was ok (reached SF, lost to winner Denmark), 1994 was ok (reached QF, lost to winner Brazil), 1996 ok (QF lost to France) and 1998 was great (semis vs  Brazil). I don't think you can say these Dutch teams self destructed the way the French are doing now, although 1990 and 1996 could have been better, but show me a nation that couldn't have done better. I personally think this track record is very respectable for a nation the size of Holland.

Been another bust up.

Id love to see the French make an example of Domenech and sack him.

They're doing a good enough job simply by keeping him in charge so long.

Felt like quoting this for some reason...

http://crabfootball.wordpress.com/2009/08/03/nicolas-anelkas-autobiography-shocks-the-literary-world/

Chelsea forward Nicolas Anelka has the football world on tenter hooks with the imminent release of his audacious autobiography ‘It’s not me. It’s everyone else.’ Which critics are are already labelling ’shocking’ and ‘compelling.’

The book, which details Anelka’s rise from Parisian street urchin to World Cup winner certainly pulls no punches, firing broadsides at former team mates from Real Madrid, Arsenal, Manchester City, Paris St German, Liverpool and Galatasary.

“I wasn’t accepted anywhere I went.” Says Anelka with heart breaking honesty.

In it Anelka exposes the bullying tactics employed by multi national clubs world wide and holds a mirror to the ugly face of football. Some critics have even labelled it the sports equivilent to Nelson Mandela’s ‘Long Walk to Freedom.’

However none of the targets suffer the wrath of Anelka as much as former team mate Patrick Vieira, whom Anelka describes as a ‘world class git.’

In excerpts to be serialised in the Guardian Anelka reveals:

“My career at Arsenal was going from strength to strength until the day I crossed Vieira, who was better known in the Arsenal dressing room as ‘Le Long.’ I was playing against Fulham at Highbury and I remember receiving a ball from Bergkamp, then rounding the keeper with ease and, with the goal wide open, somehow managing to screw the ball wide at the last minute. It only happened because the sun was in my eyes. It wasn’t my fault! Anyway Vieira gave me a glare and I knew I was in trouble, afterwards in the showers he tore into me and I just snapped, I knew I shouldn’t have, but I called him a ‘lanky limbed boombaclart.’

At first he just stared at me with his hollow eyes. Then…..

WHAM!

Just like that he slapped me across the face with his penis. Just once. But it knocked me back a few steps. It was like being struck by a wet kipper. No one could believe what they saw! Can you imagine how embarrassing it is to be smacked across the face with a 14″ pork sword in front of your team mates? It was the worst moment of my life. No one said anything for what seemed like an eternity, the silence was only broken when Ashley Cole asked “Is it my turn?” It was then I knew I had to leave. When Wenger found out what he’d done he merely high fived him and shouted “And that’s why he’s the captain. POW! Look at that thing!”

Anelka’s book reveals how he only regained his confidence eventually playing alongside Paul Dickov at Manchester City. “He could fit it in a polo.” Anelka reveals.

However not all are sympathatic to Anelka’s plight. Diagne N’dour, Vieira’s life long agent and business partner, described Anelka’s book as a ‘disgrace.’

N’dour wrote on his website that, if anything, Anelka should be privileged that he was allowed to touch Vieira’s chopper:

“In our country it is a great honour to be shown, let alone come into contact with Patrick Vieira’s porridge chucker. Instead of painting my client as a tyrant Mr Anelka should be apologising for sullying my clients penis with his miserable, miserable face.”

Patrick Vieira is yet to comment on these accusations.

This is fictional. Copyright 2009 Crab Football. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I'm on-side with the France squad tbf. Domenech has always been a disaster waiting to happen. They should be sending him on his way early imo. I'm sure they can survive without him.

I'm with the French squad as well, in a way. Domenech has proved over the past three years that he shouldn't be manager, yet he somehow kept his job because of a Zidane led run after a terrible group stage campaign in 2006. He's come into the World Cup and absolutely shit the bus tactically, the players know he is the reason they're playing so bad, the whole Anelka thing came from him playing out of position because he knows nothing was going to come of it.

At the same time, they've got a whole country miles away to play for, and if they feel they can win their way, then they should try as much as they can. There's no reason to blow a whole World Cup because and ruin it for everyone because of disagreements.

Doesn't anelka regularly play out of position at club level?

Either way i'm not arsed. France imploding and italy struggling is making england not look so bad.

Exactly what I said - There is no reason why England can't go on to do well this tournament!

Guest neesy111

so out of the major european footballing nations germany, france, holland, england, italy, spain

3 wins, 2 for holland and 1 for germany! pretty dire to be honest

Either way i'm not arsed. France imploding and italy struggling is making england not look so bad.

Exactly what I said - There is no reason why England can't go on to do well this tournament!

Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay. For starters.

Probably Henry. When Zidane was around, there were rumours of Henry/Vieira conspiring to get Zidane out of the team. Which may well be bullshit, but even so, Henry just looks like an arrogant, sneaky cunt the way he strolls around the pitch with his his annoying facial expressions.

Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay. For starters.

That would have us as semi-finalists (on the basis that 3 teams are better than us).