World on alert Germans marching again!

Parky

We need a deep lying defence for this game, this will deter James running out unnecessarily and also ensure that the CB's aren't beaten for pace.

I'd play

James

Johnson-Terry-Upson-Cole

-Carrick-Barry-

Milner-Lampard-Gerrard

Rooney

WHERE'S JOE COLE? :frantic: :tickedoff:

that "EASY" headline still kinda rankles

God, it's pathetically easy to wind up you Yanks.

We were supposed to pretend the group was hard? We put in one half-decent performance, one poor performance, and one utterly dismal performance and we still drifted through it without losing a game and only conceding once through a dumb, individual mistake.

Oh, please. I'm obviously kidding. Any lingering resentment has been more than made up for by us taking our rightful and wholly deserved place as the best soccer-playing nation in the group. Just don't let it happen again.  O0

What we need is a Beckham freekick, in towards Michael Owen.......SHEARER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USA winning the group (:bluestar:) has sent Pedro over the edge.

June 17th, 2000. European Championships. England 1 Germany 0. Check it out, Michael.

Guest BooBoo

Beetroot Face Carragher shouldn't be anywhere near the XI. Upson did well enough and will be high on confidence after the match saving tackle late on.

Of course they're beatable. They like us, haven't been fantastic. They weren't massively convincing tonight and of course we're defeated by the Serbs. admittedly they did look very good against Australia but the ozzies did make life incredibly easy for them.

On paper I still think we've got the better starting 11. However they do seem to keep the ball much much better and the way we played, I think we'd have been lucky to get out of their group.  IF we can stifle Ozil, who looks to be their main creative outlet as well as keeping Klose quiet, we may be in luck. Their defence isnt great, and if Rooney can find a bit of form then there's no reason we cant beat them.

They'll go into it slight favourites in my eyes,  still though, it should be a tight tight game. Lets just hope it doesn't go to pens.

What we need is a Beckham freekick, in towards Michael Owen.......SHEARER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USA winning the group (:bluestar:) has sent Pedro over the edge.

June 17th, 2000. European Championships. England 1 Germany 0. Check it out, Michael.

:lol: Nah, man I figured it was something that actually happened. I just wanted to post that we won the group.

Hope you smash Germany.

Of course they're beatable. They like us, haven't been fantastic. They weren't massively convincing tonight and of course we're defeated by the Serbs. admittedly they did look very good against Australia but the ozzies did make life incredibly easy for them.

On paper I still think we've got the better starting 11. However they do seem to keep the ball much much better and the way we played, I think we'd have been lucky to get out of their group.  IF we can stifle Ozil, who looks to be their main creative outlet as well as keeping Klose quiet, we may be in luck. Their defence isnt great, and if Rooney can find a bit of form then there's no reason we cant beat them.

They'll go into it slight favourites in my eyes,  still though, it should be a tight tight game. Lets just hope it doesn't go to pens.

We practice pens under Capello apparently.

Amazingly, I think England WILL win this one. We're confident because this is the weakest Germany for a long time. They're confident because this is a weak England team. But you get the feeling that a giant weight has been lifted of our backs and we have the momentum. So yes, England will win this time!

I don't think this is the weakest Germany for a long time, to me they seem stronger than the last World Cup.

I really like this Germany team and i fear playing them.

Fear? :lol:

Howay man. It's wrong to trot out the "well this is a weak Germany side" but I'd be anything but fearing them. Keep our heads cool and play like we can (i.e. how we played for decent chunks of today) and we have a fantastic chance.

I don't think this is the weakest Germany for a long time, to me they seem stronger than the last World Cup.

:lol:

Based on a game against 10 drunks, one of them Craig Moore?

You must have seen none of the last WC.

Not sure if Schweinsteiger is good enough to play the defensive/deep role in midfield in big games, he was pretty poor against Inter and Sneijder got in some good space ahead of him a few times. Think you can easily get at Badstuber aswell, they are not convincing at all. Feeling confident.

Guest Phil K

What do the Germans think of their chances?

Against Argentina, you mean ? ;)

Amazingly, I think England WILL win this one. We're confident because this is the weakest Germany for a long time. They're confident because this is a weak England team. But you get the feeling that a giant weight has been lifted of our backs and we have the momentum. So yes, England will win this time!

Hope so. We bloody owe them one. MORE than one.

Beetroot Face Carragher shouldn't be anywhere near the XI. Upson did well enough and will be high on confidence after the match saving tackle late on.

It's tough choosing between Upson and Carragher. Upson was very nervous in the beginning and looked even slower than Carragher. I reckon many are plumping for Upson after that last ditch tackle (I was so nervous I actually missed it or can't remember). I'd say Carragher just about pips it for me, not that I'm 100% sure.

:lol:

Based on a game against 10 drunks, one of them Craig Moore?

You must have seen none of the last WC.

No, not that game, the fact that they have a team full of exceptional talent, players in the final third (primarily their midfield) that can make things happen.

They're better than us no doubt, but we could win with organisation and defensively if we set out right.